Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lost Fans
Posted by: Bradmore Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2017 01:04

Hello everyone.

For some reason this thread entered my mind.

Great to see good football and fans back at the club.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2017 14:05

It was fun reading those again Bradmore. Last season was yet another of those false dawns that we have got used to but now? Wow!

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2017 14:02

And particularly relevant as the attendance on Wednesday evening was almost 29 Thousand!

Posted by: ernesto hunt (IP Logged)
Date: 02 December, 2017 16:35

Unlike chicagowolf, I found reading the back posts quite dispiriting - if only to highlight the pointless nature of selling off the club to that @#$%& and the years lost forever. My first match was way back in '57 as an eight year old, my last match was at Brighton when we were relegated. Never spent even a half-penny while that @#$%& was around.

But that is the past and let it all stay in the past.

How does the current team measure? In my opinion we have players all over the park who display a 'technical' ability surpassing anything in the Championship and much of the lower reaches of the Premier, rivalling and perhaps surpassing anything at any previous point in our history. The 'elan' with which these individuals are playing and the 'team' they are building is quite breathtaking. All down to an enigma of a manager who, on the one hand is orgasmically excited watching his players perform, but on the other is icily detached and clinical in 'preparing' his teams.

It just so happens that at certain times, very infrequently, a multitude of 'little'things come together - all in the same place, all at the same time - to create a 'perfect storm'. This is Molineaux today. Bravo!

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2017 16:22

Hello Ernesto. Good to see you post again.
It's not hard to recall the hatred you held for the previous hierarchy at the club, but it was disappointing to see it knock your enthusiasm for coming on here and sharing your views. Keep it up, you always had something interesting to say.

I think you are right in your assessment of both the team and the Manager. It's becoming increasingly hard to watch some of the teams who are struggling at the bottom of the PL without wondering how we would fare against them, and I must say I think we would hold our own. The team is full of promise and skill and we can only hope the club will strive to keep the team together in the face of all challenges.

Nuno is so different from most other managers. It seems strange to hear commentary of him becoming excitable and hostile on the line as he seems so calm and calculated at all other times!!

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2017 04:10

Quote:
ernesto hunt

How does the current team measure? In my opinion we have players all over the park who display a 'technical' ability surpassing anything in the Championship and much of the lower reaches of the Premier, rivalling and perhaps surpassing anything at any previous point in our history. The 'elan' with which these individuals are playing and the 'team' they are building is quite breathtaking. All down to an enigma of a manager who, on the one hand is orgasmically excited watching his players perform, but on the other is icily detached and clinical in 'preparing' his teams.

It just so happens that at certain times, very infrequently, a multitude of 'little'things come together - all in the same place, all at the same time - to create a 'perfect storm'. This is Molineaux today. Bravo!

Great to see you again Ernesto; we might be on the brink of something very special.
How much does it cost to buy a premier league club? A hundred, maybe one hundred and fifty million pounds? So why not buy a ‘faded glory’ team, from the championship, for thirty-ish million, fix it up by spending on players , and get to the top with a total expenditure way less? Because loads of people have tried and failed ; usually because the players are overpaid has-been journeymen, or the coach is a well-worn , predictable hack (like Bruce or Warnock). Fosun have broken the mould, broken every rule that we know is true. Brought in a load of unprepared foreigners who are somehow ‘us’ . Jota, Coady, Doherty, Bonatini, Ruddy, Neves, Douglas etc. - this is a formidable team.
Wolverhampton had no right to be the best club in the world all those decades ago, but we were, and we are soon going to be back among the big names again. Champion’s League? Why not? Meanwhile let’s enjoy this glorious ascent. There will be rocks along the way but nothing, nothing ever like the dreadful, dire, dull, desperate drivel we endured under M&M.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 16:06 by chicagowolf.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net