Premier prediction league 2017/18
Posted by: cedric harper (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 16:38

Hi folks, sorry it's about two weeks late but I was wondering if there was any interest in doing a competition for this season.
I think a slight change in format is required for this season due to the high percentage of favourites last season and this one looks like being at least as bad if not worse.
I was thinking of adding the draw option for this season as I think less than 15% of the outsiders won last season making it almost pointless to back them.
I was also wondering if we should stick with the full ten games every week or just do the six most competitive matches. The league would probably start after this coming round of games so people aren't starting off with a point disadvantage if they miss this weekend.
Any interest?, any suggestions

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2017 07:43 by Badge32.

Re: Premier prediction league 2017/18
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 22:13

If there's going to be enough interest I'll give it a go. The draw option is probably a good idea but I would use all the games.

Date: 16 August, 2017 13:54

Fair enough Andy, see if we can get at least seven the same as last season. Could be a big ask though without Wilko and probably Angry.

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2017 13:56

Thanks for taking the lead on this again Cedric.
I am up for it as I have enjoyed taking part the last two seasons. I echo Andy's opinion. I think the draw option would add another dimension (although I always thought it a good idea to have to forecast the winner, but see your point) and also think we should use all matches, as choosing the most competitive matches adds a subjective element to it.

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2017 14:00

Have not been involved before but am happy to participate to help keep things going.
Would need to have some description of the format.

Date: 18 August, 2017 11:42

I've made this a sticky so that it doesn't get missed. Come on folks let all get on board!!

Date: 06 September, 2017 22:15

Oh well folks the general lethargy on here this season means there is little point going ahead with this with only four players .

Date: 09 September, 2017 10:46

A real shame Cedric but too much work involved for such a small number of participants!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net