Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What Team for Man City
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2017 12:15

I'm sure nothing will come of it, but the match will possibly be probed as City made two substitutions in extra-time and only one is allowed.

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2017 13:17

Is that so even though each team is allowed an extra sub once the game goes into extra time Andy? I know Wolves were going to bring Roderick Miranda on but ran out of time!

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2017 13:52

Best possible result; out but proud.
Playing against the likes of Kevin DB and Sergio A shows they did field strong players. Hope we are doing a Home & Away against them next season

Date: 25 October, 2017 15:03

Quote:
Cheshire wolf
Is that so even though each team is allowed an extra sub once the game goes into extra time Andy? I know Wolves were going to bring Roderick Miranda on but ran out of time!

Please take into account that I read on the internet that this was in The Sun so believe what you want:
Rule 10.2 - Where any match goes into extra-time then subject to the League having obtained the prior approval of the International Football Association Board to the application of this rule, each club participating in that match will be permitted to use an additional substitute. (in extra-time only).
The wording of the rule is open to interpretation as it refers to an additional sub. rather that multiple extra subs.
As I said, remember this is in The Sun and I would have thought that if City had done anything untoward Wolves would have been on to it by now.

Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2017 16:27

What a miserable ungracious b4st4rd Guardiola was on Sky Sports News after the match, simply accused Wolves of Defending en masse - "two banks of five" etc etc!!

I wonder what he would have done had he been in Nuno's shoes!!

What a tool this man is turning out to be!
The two best chances of the game fell to wolves ffs!
Anyway City will meet their match in the Champions League! Its all very well beating stoke and west brom by 4 or 5 but wait until they meet Juventus or Barca!!

Anyway no harm to be knocked out of this tin pot competition, wolves have bigger fish to fry this year...

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2017 18:08

The best is Guardiola's excuse of the ball. Perhaps he thought if we had the usual prem ball, we'd have scored three? Dunno[:wor kid:]

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: Badge32 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2017 20:57

Man City did not break the rule. They had used only two subs in 90 mins so was allowed to still use the third plus one additional sub. The reason the sun got in a flap about it was down to the Norwich manager stating that Arsenal had used two in extra time and he wanted clarrification on it.

Date: 25 October, 2017 21:01

Cheers Badge, understood.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net