A Stale substitute for the beautiful game - An Angry Report
Posted by: Wolves (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 13:17

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 20:06 by Badge32.

Re: A Stale substitute for the beautiful game - An Angry Report
Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 13:51

Different countries, different cultures, different football styles. By the sound of it, I would prefer the Championship and Premiership.Thanks for the report.

Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 17:04

https://s1.postimg.org/8uobrkicfz/22549712_160306884565851_571373946563698987_n.jpg

The away end

https://s1.postimg.org/1v029olf5r/22554929_160307007899172_9107180280429158718_n.jpg

The Brondby equivalent of the southbank

Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 18:34

Hi Angry, I worked in Denmark in the 80s and went to a few games.
The atmosphere and quality of football were both very poor.

However, what i cant get my head around is that the international teams from Scandinavia are doing so well at the moment even though the domestic teams and leagues are so poor??? Just an observation!

Maybe it is just down to effort and commitment?

On another note,,,, is the beer still as expensive as ever???

Date: 24 October, 2017 18:50

Quote:
irishwolf
Hi Angry, I worked in Denmark in the 80s and went to a few games.
The atmosphere and quality of football were both very poor.

However, what i cant get my head around is that the international teams from Scandinavia are doing so well at the moment even though the domestic teams and leagues are so poor??? Just an observation!

Maybe it is just down to effort and commitment?

On another note,,,, is the beer still as expensive as ever???

Everything is expensive there Irish as you probably know, but at least you can bring a beer to the seat at the stadium unlike here with health and safety etc. Thankfully I don't drink much anyway lol tho I prefer the danish stuff to beer over here.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 19:14

Were those photos taken at the same time? Just looks deserted at the right hand end. I presume the away fans are closest to the camera?

Nice to see a write up. I might be inspired to do one of my own post Wolves match. Thinking of Reading away and Bolton at home at the mo.

By the way how much was that beer?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 19:55

IVY Wrote "By the way how much was that beer?"

Well when i was there in the 1980s it was about 6 quid a pint ... id guess about a tenner now!!!

Date: 24 October, 2017 20:56

Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Were those photos taken at the same time? Just looks deserted at the right hand end. I presume the away fans are closest to the camera?
Nice to see a write up. I might be inspired to do one of my own post Wolves match. Thinking of Reading away and Bolton at home at the mo.

By the way how much was that beer?

Both pics were taken at the same time, on the left was the busy stand , the right in the section closest to the cam was the away end. No idea how much the beer was , it was in kroner so handed 100 kroner in and got a load of strange coins back... one of the smaller denominations even had a hole in it.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2017 21:12

New form of Danegeld, clearly!!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2017 12:23

Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf

Please do that Ivy, and anyone else with items which will interest board members as this one has. If it is sent to me as a PM I will post it as per Angry's. This will help alleviate all the responsibility on Badge for publishing items through Sportnetwork to keep our site open.
Thanks

Posted by: Badge32 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 October, 2017 20:05

Was going to move this good article from Angry to the Sports Page but it seems I cant do so. Never mind.

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 17:20

Quote:
Badge32
Was going to move this good article from Angry to the Sports Page but it seems I cant do so. Never mind.

I can forward it you by PM if you like

Posted by: Badge32 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 19:20

Think I may know away. will try later, Don't want to lose all post attached to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net