Chris Coleman
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 19:54

Coleman has reportedly resigned as Wales boss and will take over at Sunderland. Personally I’m shocked by this - I always rated him in the Welsh job - and hope this move won’t cost him his credibility as I think S’land will continue to struggle with the squad they have, & Short is unlikely to spend in January.

Re: Chris Coleman
Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 20 November, 2017 23:52

Cheshire, I agree this is a very surprising AND interesting move by Coleman ...
However he is going to big club without any expectations at the moment, all he has to do is keep them in the Championship this season and his job will be safe for another year. If he went to West Ham or Everton he would be under intense pressure from Day 1.
I reckon he is only using Sunderland as a stepping stone for bigger jobs!

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 21 November, 2017 16:11

Interestingly it says on the Mail that just before his press conference started he was told that Pulis had been sacked, and there was a general wonder in the room as to whether he thought he had jumped into Sunderland just a tad too quickly!!

Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2017 17:13

Well he's started off with a defeat; unsuprisingly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net