Two leaving
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2017 17:09

No surprise. Michael Zyro and Prince Oniangue will be moved on if possible. Zyro has been unlucky with injury and looked decent when he first came but neither were going to break into this first team. I must admit that I forgot about Prince.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2017 18:58 by Andy Fincher.

Re: Two leaving
Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2017 16:22

Yes, both looked decent when first bought, but that was in the pre Nuno days.

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2017 20:59

Apparently they will also listen to offers for Ben Marshall. It seems Kortney Hause could also have been in the frame to go in January but they want to keep him in case of injury. No chance of the youngsters Connor Ronan or Morgan-Gibbs being allowed to go, but a loan period for Donovan Wilson is being sought.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 December, 2017 23:19

Should be an interesting window this time around. Picking up a decent striker in January is always tough (there are good reasons they are on the move) but Nuno and his mentor have contacts and either astonishing luck or a real gift for getting talent.
Often when January comes round we are either trying to dig ourselves out of a mess or looking for the famed 'last piece of the puzzle' to get back in contention (usually with very little money). Not this time. The Ugly Sisters are long-gone, we have a bagful of cash, and are knocking on the gates of the top flight. Surely we can get a talented front man, or two, to make sure?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2017 18:41 by chicagowolf.

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 28 December, 2017 17:50

Big test this weekend made a little more difficult with our potential injuries. Will be a good test of squad quality and depth. The transfer window will be very significant, both in terms of what purchases we make and what positions Nuno chooses to strengthen.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 December, 2017 18:44

Quote:
Lupinehowler
Big test this weekend made a little more difficult with our potential injuries. Will be a good test of squad quality and depth. The transfer window will be very significant, both in terms of what purchases we make and what positions Nuno chooses to strengthen.

Bristol Cty must be full of confidence. You have to believe they will not be set up to defend at home? In which case we SHOULD crush them

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 December, 2017 18:49

Quote:
Lupinehowler

I think we'll be OK you know. If Cavaleiro isn't fit then Costa should slot in, and it looked like he had a good game on Boxing Day. If Boly can't make it then we have Batth and Miranda waiting in the wings.

I - like many others presumably - am concerned at what happens if Bonatini is injured, as I really don't see a long term future for Enobakhare as a striker for us. He has the skill until he requires a final product which always seems to fail.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net