Robinson slap on Jota
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 21:21

Trurotommo questioned on the QPR match thread about QPR defender Jack Robinson ( a former loanee to Wolves from Liverpool) alledgedly slapping Jota during saturday's game, which I said was picked up by the commentator.

I heard on Talksport today that a fan's film of the incident - presumably taken on his phone - will be looked at by the FA to see whether there is a case against Robinson

Re: Robinson slap on Jota
Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:36

Seems to be no further action against Robinson.

Posted by: Trurotommo (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:27

Lupine Howler

Where did you hear that?

Thanks

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:44

An article on Newsnow Wolves.

Date: 15 February, 2018 17:38

Just looked at the article, so three learned gentlemen looked at that and saw no red card offence!!! FFS

The video was viewed by an FA panel of three former professional referees who were asked to adjudicate whether a red card offence had taken place.
However the decision was not unanimous so no disciplinary action will follow.

Dont leave me with much confidence in the FA disciplinary procedures, perhaps if he had said something about the ref it would have been different?

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 11:02

I know what you mean Truro, but think perhaps if it had been picked up by the Sky cameras rather than just a mobile in the crowd it may have been a more definitive incident. It was hard to tell from the footage whether there actually was any contact between them in truth.
i think Jota had whacked him in a previous tackle so it was a bit of afters. Jota may only be little but he's shown this season he can dish it out as well as take it!!

Date: 17 February, 2018 19:30

Ah, small man syndrome [:wor kid:]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net