Neves to Utd ?
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2018 10:13

On the Old Gold and Black youtube channel there is a rumour that Man Utd are preparing a move for Neves in the summer. If we get promoted I doubt this will happen unless he wants to go but I thought we were supposed to be building something not selling our best players.

Re: Neves to Utd ?
Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2018 11:54

It would be inevitable that clubs will show an interest in our best performing players, it happened last year with Costa. In the end it will all come down to the clubs resolve to keep their best players and add to the squad to strengthen and compliment those already established. I am sure that a lot of the reporting is speculation but time will tell and I have a certain confidence that the owners want the club to grow so hopefully our days as a selling club are well behind us.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2018 16:59

one of the links

I've read this from several online sites but haven't a clue on the source

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: oldngold (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2018 23:52

Yes this is true and is very likely to go ahead whether we get promoted or not. If we are not promoted he is gone obviously.

Neves is a Champions League player. Even if we are promoted the best we can expect is to keep him for another season.

If UNITED move in the summer they are probably looking at 40 Million with sell ons.

If UNITED wait and Neves shows the same brilliance in the PL, perhaps helping Wolves towards the top half of the PL, then his value as a 21 year old Portugal international and former captain of FC Porto is heading for 50 Million PLUS.

But lets not kid ourselves he will be world class in another 3-4 years and he is heading for a top 4 side before the end of 2019 at the latest. I can seen Barcelona or Real possibly making a move.

This is where Mendes will be helpful. We don't need to just let UNITED bid for him, Mendes can tap up Real or Barcelona. Get them bidding for the future captain of Portugal. Who knows 60-70 million might be in the offing.

Or Fosun can just get an enormous cheque book out and do a deal with Mendes to keep him a bit longer.

His transfer fee alone will put us back in profit LOL.(Sm13)

Posted by: Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2018 13:46

Was wondering myself how much Ruben Neves is worth in todays market..with Virgil going for 75 million and so on.

The pull factor that is Manure and perhaps Mourinho will be hard to withstand I recon.
On the other hand it is my impression that Neves and family has settled really well in the Black Country so who knows..Ruben seems like a grounded young man with more values than just cash in pocket.

Would really like it if we were able to sign Boly in the summer,allthough seems his family hasn´t settled well at all.Big Willy seems to enjoy his football though and the man surely has the potential to be a classy Prem defender with a little bit of polish here and there.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2018 15:02

Neves to United?

I suppose the date depends on the fixture list? (Sm1)

By the way JCWolf - interested to hear you mention about Boly. I heard the same yesterday. Not good if true. Jeff Shi, Nuno and Laurie will need to apply the charm offensive if true.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2018 15:29

Regarding Neves, I hope you're right.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2018 21:40

Until we are a top six club in the Premier League (which might be a while, but is likely) players like Ruben will be governed by contract and cash. Not loyalty and sentiment.
Rewards are vast, careers brief.
We are moving to a new level , with money and access to players we never dreamed of. We can expect turnover both from the ones who couldn’t make it to the big league - sorry Danny - but also those who have done their duty, spent a short while in the shop window and now are ready for a big payoff. Ruben , Willy, Helder, Diogo , etc. thank you for an astonishing season and, as we approach promotion, do what you must for your families and futures.

Posted by: oldngold (IP Logged)
Date: 19 March, 2018 17:50

Wolves should already be looking for his replacement.

Neves is so good he is a no-brainer. Anyone with eyes can see this man is going to be one of the game's leading Midfield players for the next 10 years.

For Wolves we need to secure the maximum possible amount.

UNited can offer him 150K per week (Triple his current pay), Champions league football and the opportunity to work with Mourinho at one of the world's biggest clubs.

Thing is Neves is so good, Mendes will hopefully be looking to get interest from Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, as well as Barcelona and Real and possibly even PSG.

If we get a tug o war going on in the summer he could go for 50-60 million or perhaps something ludicrous. Who knows these are ludicrous times.

But 60 Million on top of 100 Million of Sky money if used wisely could sustain us in the Premier League for many years. we should already be planning on spending 50-60 million this summer.

Players come and go. Neves could break his leg in pre-season. I would love it if Wolves could keep him, but I cannot see how we can. We should have a plan for his replacement this summer. If he stays great if not we move to plan B

Posted by: Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 19 March, 2018 19:21

Every player has his price I guess.
Like every other Wolves fan,I would love to keep him allthough I realise that it is the pure supporter in me that talks here.

Ultimately it will be Rubens decision.Would have been nice to be able to hold on for another season naturally,but everyone will understand if he opts otherwise.

I think he will go in the summer and I´m sure there is a plan B.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net