Bill Slater
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 18 December, 2018 19:30

The captain of the 1960 FA Cup winning side and regular throughout Wolves most successful period of the 50's has passed away aged 91. A true great.

Re: Bill Slater
Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 18 December, 2018 21:51

Really sad news, as you say, a true great for Wolves.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 19 December, 2018 08:31

RIP Bill true gentleman and great player first love football match I watched with my Dad Bill was Wolves captain the season after the FA Cup win proper footballl

Under new managment

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 20 December, 2018 16:11

Sad news but 91 is a good run!

I was born in 1949 when we won the FA Cup. My little brother was born in 1960, the next, and last time we won it. My parents gave up childbirth after that and look how long we have waited for another FAC win!
A run now and again might be nice, but given the choice of doing 'Pool in the cup or the league I would prefer tomorrow.
Exciting times!!

Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 21 December, 2018 21:57

Saw him play many, many times. Another of Cullis's great teams goes.
RIP Bill, thanks for the happy memories.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net