Helder Costa to Leeds.
Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 16:19

It seems that the transfer of Costa to Leeds has been finalised at a reported fee of £15M which seems to be a good piece of business. Happy to see him go as he wasn’t getting any game time and will remember the times he lit up the Mol.
Best of luck.

Re: Helder Costa to Leeds.
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 16:26

Good luck to him. He was fantastic in his first season for us but for whatever reason isn't up to Premier standard. We will surely bring in better but still thankful for his service.

Posted by: Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 22:02

Not happy with this.
Ok so he doesn't fit our style of play but surely that means he offers something different, a plan B.
Still only 25 he's got his best ahead of him,and certainly didn't get his chance to show if he was good enough for the prem. Look how long it took for Dendonker to get his chance.
I'd rather have Costa than Traore, and a 2 million profit on a player I think was cheap considering........... Doesn't make much sense to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2019 22:05 by Ian.PershoreWolf.

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 23:12

I read a report this afternoon that he is going to Leeds on a year's loan, and then they are obliged to buy him on a four year contract, similar to our commitment with Dendoncker.
Considering he played a part in 25 games last season and only scored once - a goal which he was a bit fortuitous to score at Tottenham - I would say he was given quite a good chance to show he is fit for the Prem to be honest!!

Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 23:50

He's rubbish , good riddance

Date: 03 July, 2019 23:53

Incidentally what is the " plan B" Ian? If it involves an attack minded player scoring 1 goal in 25 games and last finding form when Jesus was breaking bread with Judas I'd sooner stick with plan A or swiftly move to plan C personally.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2019 18:08

I was at Spurs for his biggest moment, absolutely fantastic, but with an amount of sadness I can only conclude he’s not good enough for the premier league. He was our ace in the pack in his first season with us however more recently he hasn’t been anywhere near clinical enough and spends a disproportionate amount of time on his ar$e .😳
Good luck to him at Leeds, along with Bazza!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 04 July, 2019 19:37

who is bazza Ivy?

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2019 19:16

Barry Douglas ... I think he's still there! Spent a bit of time on the injury list last year and the only reason I would have wished Leeds to do well! (Sm13)

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2019 04:17

Quote:
Ian.PershoreWolf
Not happy with this.
Ok so he doesn't fit our style of play but surely that means he offers something different, a plan B.
Still only 25 he's got his best ahead of him,and certainly didn't get his chance to show if he was good enough for the prem. Look how long it took for Dendonker to get his chance.
I'd rather have Costa than Traore, and a 2 million profit on a player I think was cheap considering........... Doesn't make much sense to me.

Out of his depth in the Prem, but I agree about Adama Traore. Big test for Nuno in 19/20 as he does not seem to have improved one bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net