The new season begins
Posted by: Jack Regan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2010 16:45

Well, here we are, the new season has begun, and we're 2 league games into it already. I was disappointed with the performance against Sheffield Utd, I thought we were laboured and lacked any bite. Against Derby we were much better, but we really should have scored more than two.

The good news however, is the signing of Jason Koumas. I wasn't at the Burton game, but saw the goals on TV. I have to say, it was Koumas who made the difference when he came on just before full time. In a game we were drawing 1-1, his movement and passing created a further 3 goals in extra time, which made it look lioke a breeze, which of course it should have been in the first 90 minutes.

Could there be better news to come? Rumours abound that Cardiffian Craig Bellamy wants to come to City, and the latest Sky Bet odds certainly seem to add credence to the rumours, with Cardiff 1/3 favourites to sign him earlier today. After his performance for Wales last week, where he played like a man possessed, combined with his performance at Man City last season, I'm surprised Mancinin has left him out of Man City's 25 man squad. Man City have however, stated that will not let him go to a rival team in the Premier. The question then is, do they consider Fulham to be a rival team? If not, and they can afford his wages, then I'm sure he'll link up with his old mate Sparky again. Other than that, what is Bellamy left with? Interest from Celtic, who have stated that they want him to come on the proviso he takes a huge pay cut, or a return home to the City of his birth. Would he be willing to take a huge pay cut to come home? Would he want to be the hero who fires Cardiff City into the Premier League? The answer to the first question is I don't know, but the second one is easier to answer, he's already said playing for Cardiff and gaining promotion to the Premier league would be worth more than 100 Wales caps.

So, watch this space!

Re: The new season begins
Posted by: Stan Ogden (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2010 18:36

I think i have man love for bellamy(Sm153)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net