Posted by: Chris Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 08:25

Good Luck to Andy Ryan as he takes the next step in his career

[
airdriefc.com]

Re: Andy Ryan Moves to.........
Posted by: Mr Clean. (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 08:42

Inevitable but did have to be to those c****!!! Could we not have kept him till after Saturday ?

If he gets a chance to play regularly the guy will score goals at that level - @#$%& knows who will score for us

The cost of survival

Posted by: grant17 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 09:17

Where has he went?

Posted by: The real Desmond Dekker (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 11:02

Dungfermline.

Posted by: Rusty2 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 11:31

Good luck to him..a fine player..our difficult season just became a lot more difficult.

..an undisclosed fee...new sponsorship from Holemasters.....but again the fans do not know any details. Is there still a financial crisis? Are we bringing in new players ?? Are we getting a new coach/manager. Are we still in disarray ?????

As always more questions than answers. OK they seem to be working hard to resolve matters...the real question is...do they REALLY know what they are doing ????????

Date: 15 August, 2017 11:59

Rusty 2 - Sad but I have to agree with your sentiments

People will say its where we are - for me - its where we have been taken

Along with other I have long advocated that the club had to do more to attract fans to and back - The Trust is doing a fantastic job but the club has to do more

JB has in fairness been left a bit in the s*** here on this occasion but if we are to survive a season in this league - this young team will need support and it cannot be taken for granted

Recent events will do nothing to get fans - including me - back on a regular basis

Date: 15 August, 2017 12:07

I think we are in agreement.. I also have not been back this season.

The turmoil frankly is just too much to stomach..onwards and upwards? Really they let Wotherspoon have a free hand last season and this is where it has taken us. Its left us with a total shambles !

Posted by: vanheaver (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 12:42

Quote:
Rusty2
I think we are in agreement.. I also have not been back this season.
The turmoil frankly is just too much to stomach..onwards and upwards? Really they [u][/u]let Wotherspoon have a free hand last season and this is where it has taken us. Its left us with a total shambles !

Wothrspoon gave himself a free hand there is no "they". As major shareholder he allowed himself that gratification but when it went @#$%& up he ran instead of seeking advise. Im not defending it but there is no one else to blame.

the official website suggests "We now have the tough job of replacing him" (Ryan) "but sufficient resources will be made available to Gordon Dalziel to commence this process".

I suspect and hope they already have someone/people in mind and it was just a case of securing the finances from Ryans Transfer and presumably freeing up a wage from Rohans move to the Smell

Posted by: A T I D (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 12:44

The undisclosed fee sticks in my throat as we deserve to know what our top man went for, supporters are always left in the dark especially at our club.....

Don't forget, this is OUR CLUB, if we do not support it we won't have a club. Each to there own if you don't want to go so be it but every pound lost like this hurts the club further. JB has not always made good decisions and the TW mismanagement will hurt us for a long time but we must get behind the squad as every game will be a cup final and if we manage to stay in the 1st division this year it will be a massive achievement.

Shambles YES
Lack of communication YES
Uncertainty YES

BUt

A team on the park / our team AIRDRIEONIANS YES

Posted by: Dobba (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 15:43

Dearie me. We've now lost our striking partnership which scored the best part of 50 goals between them last season (Russell & Ryan), which kept us in this division. What the hell are we going to do now. We've been in crisis for more than 8 years now and things just ain't getting any better.

I might be one of the keyboard warriors JB talks about although I don't post anything for months on end as I mostly can't be ar5ed. I do however pay my season ticket and want to go to football matches involving my team. I'd love to support the team tonight and I'm ready and able to go to Dumfries - I'd follow The Airdrie anywhere, any time, however just can't stomach another roasting tonight. I've seen 3 away games this season - beat in them all (slaughtered in one, outclassed in one and out muscled in another). Miracles can happen in football but it won't happen unless the players believe and I'd doubt a single person connected to The Airdrie Football Club believes that we can achieve anything tonight. I fear for us against that mob on Saturday as the season will be over before it's even really started, as per usual.

I don't want to be a Montrose (no disrespect) or an East Stirling _ I just want a team we can support without fearing a humiliation nearly every time we take to the park. Why is that so f()k1ng difficult.

Posted by: Chapelhall man (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 16:16

I find it hard to listen to posters who admit they don't go to the games this season,or indeed last, since staying away deprives the club of some of the money it needed to stay afloat: I agree that TW misled us all in that dreadful spell last season and in his clearing out when his plan failed to deliver promotion, but I just cant stay away in order to show my unhappiness at how it turned out. I understand why people still want to post their views because I think they do care about having an Airdrie team but it would take a lot for me to pack it in after all these years. It does not stop me moaning about the way we play, or the way we are managed, or "owned"( over which like most fans I have no say) but having bought my season ticket yet again, I will spend most of my Saturdays supporting the team.

Date: 15 August, 2017 17:47

No doubt I will go back..but honestly...its so painful to see our once proud club being mismanaged is such a way. There are many more in the same position as me who no longer have the stomach for this.

An earlier post said that Wotherspoon was entirely to blame for this...yes he was the major problem ..but there were other directors on the Board......were they all asleep while this was going on ???

Date: 16 August, 2017 06:41

Quote:
Chapelhall Man
I find it hard to listen to posters who admit they don't go to the games this season,or indeed last, since staying away deprives the club of some of the money it needed to stay afloat: I agree that TW misled us all in that dreadful spell last season and in his clearing out when his plan failed to deliver promotion, but I just cant stay away in order to show my unhappiness at how it turned out. I understand why people still want to post their views because I think they do care about having an Airdrie team but it would take a lot for me to pack it in after all these years. It does not stop me moaning about the way we play, or the way we are managed, or "owned"( over which like most fans I have no say) but having bought my season ticket yet again, I will spend most of my Saturdays supporting the team.

Need to take issue with the "hard to listen to" part mate - I understand where you are coming from but I didn't go last season so I'm not entitled to an opinion?

There were bloody good non-football reasons I didn't go last year - what about those who work or stay too far away ?

Like Rusty 2 I will probably go back this season but it is painful - a good mate who has been going to most home games and some away said after the Ryan decision that he was close to chucking it - that's what I'm getting at when I say the club has to do more

On a separate note - Daily Record has Novo applying for the managers post!!!!!

Posted by: airdrieonians (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2017 09:49

bring him in double quick and give him a game.
although he must be certifiable to apply for the job.

Posted by: airdrieonians (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2017 09:50

funds made available to Gordon Dalziel to get a replacement up to the sum of 150 quid I assume.

Posted by: Chapelhall man (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2017 19:37

"Need to take issue with the "hard to listen to" part mate - I understand where you are coming from but I didn't go last season so I'm not entitled to an opinion?"

Yes you are entitled to an opinion and it was me who was finding it difficult to see how exasperated many posters feel, but I did also say that I know those individuals did care about the club, but it was me who was finding it painful to see where we have arrived as a result of TW's decisions last season and over the summer. I too would like the club to do more but all I can do is support them as best as I can financially this season. I hope you can come back this season and maybe see a win or two?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net