Bus to Stranraer & Travel update
Posted by: Chris Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2017 10:37

Neil Love supporters bus to Stranraer.
Leaving from Cue Here @ 1030. Pub @1030.
text Gary C.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 08:38 by Chris Mac.

Re: Bus to Stranraer & Travel update
Posted by: Chris Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 08:40

Taken from the official site.

Ahead of Saturday's match at Stair Park, Stranraer FC have provided some information for travelling fans.

There are major roadworks on the A77, with the road being closed between Girvan and Stranraer from 8:00pm on Friday until 6:00am on Monday. A diversion via Newton Stewart will be in place, but will add around 45 minutes to your journey time. Please take this into consideration when planning your journey.

The Pavilion Bar, as well as the Fitba Bar in town, will be open to both sets of fans.

If you require any special arrangements or are planning to arrive early, please call the Pavilion Bar (Davie McMillan - 07818 533484) or the Fitba Bar (Davie Broadfoot - 01776 704121).

http://airdriefc.com/news/2017/09/stranraer

Posted by: Dobba (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2017 10:56

Dobba residence is now down in deepest darkest Ayrshire and so I'll be getting the train from Kilmarnock (£29 return). That might be an option for those thinking about driving down. I reckon that Newton Stewart diversion just adds an extra 100 miles onto an already horrible journey south of Girvan.

Posted by: Chapelhall man (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2017 15:13

I read somewhere else that the road closure will be overnight and is open during the day on Saturday. can any one else confirm that? Is it longer to go via Dumfries?

Posted by: vanheaver (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2017 18:59

according to traffic Scotland and our own website says the roadworks are only overnight,

no way they can afford to close the road to traffic going to both seaports

Posted by: Chapelhall man (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2017 19:22

Thanks for that. I think Cairnryan is indeed the main port now and Stranraer looks a bit of a ghost town in Ferry terms, but I was never very good at Geography in school.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net