Derby Day 2
Posted by: Chapelhall man (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2017 17:49

Did not deserve to win despite some near run things in the second half. Why part time teams can out pass and move better than us remains a major weakness. Again Scott Stewart was excellent but we never quite achieved the same breakthrough from the left. Rovers were quite hard which is missing from our game and although Brownlie did score their front guy( No 9) and then the sub ( Vittoria) gave him and the gangly McGregor a fair roasting at times especially the goals. Trouten as usual got his goal agin us, and was allowed to have a few late fouls despite being spoken to early on. Dean Cairns was subbed and he might feel aggrieved that the CBs stayed on-he is not a midfielder which might explain why we rarely pass to any style. Had Furtado taken the half chances we might have won but the post saved the day for Rovers. The banner on the sunny side perhaps says a lot more about how many fans feel, but if we sack the board who runs the club in the meantime? Alloa thump QP so we have a lot to look forward to next week!

Re: Derby Day 2
Posted by: jetsky (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2017 18:49

Thought if we had had a striker we would have had a few goals ,Furtado not a chance taker would like to see him play wide works hard for the team,Stewart head nod shoulder above the rest the day and I thought Cairns done well,can't see why they took him off unless he was injured.we had strikers on the bench why we never had them on for a bit of help for lone man upfront Fortado .I think if I was manager I would be disappointed with just a point ..on the over all showing we will be in the play offs at the wrong end ,Was Rohan dropped or injured.I know we put on Allan but what's happened to Russell@Tierney.

Re: Derby Day 2
Posted by: Rusty2 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2017 21:22

Entertaining game and a good recovery after last week. Yes we have a long way to go as a team but was also encouraged listening to the head coach, He talks a good game!

Tennis balls anyone??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net