Hampden today
Posted by: Chapelhall man (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2017 20:20

In the end a good point from a very scrappy game where QP actually played most of the passing football although it rarely went anywhere. The fact that they scored from a corner with a powerful header ( unchallenged but too far away to tell?) says as much as us scoring with a free kick. I think that might be Watt's first goal for us and it should have set us up for a controlling game-but alas it was not forthcoming. They missed an early penalty( Too far away to judge)- Ferguson save I should say. I guess we had about one direct shot after that and both sides had some counter attacking chances but it was pretty turgid stuff. I felt we let Brady and their No 2 run the midfield, and while Cairns certainly puts in the effort, I think we all know he is not the answer. Brownlie had a very poor start to the game and we quickly switched from 3-5-2 to a back four when QP kept two guys up front. Felt Hastie was better on the left than the right, but given everything going on it was ok. Undefeated in three games but we could have had 9 points rather than 4, but twere ever the story. Ayr look a right challenge next week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net