Manager Q & A
Posted by: Dobba (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2018 12:39

Ladies and gents, unfortunately I couldn't make the meeting last night. Can anyone attending provide a brief update. Did the manager mention playing style (passing, tempo, balls in the box, goalkeeper situation, etc)?

Re: Manager Q & A
Posted by: Just Me (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2018 18:28

Findlay did the most of the talking. He was very enthusiastic and in my opinion spoke very well. He said that his main remit this season was to avoid relegation with a view to having a real go at promotion next season. Anything else this season was a bonus. He is a believer in planning ahead and has already produced a list of players he wants next year. He is going to be looking at the players he has and decide who to offer extensions of contract. He spoke highly of the young players and highlighted Cairns as the type of player he wants because Dean knows what it means to be an Airdrie player. He was asked about the goalkeeping position and said he was not obliged to play Ferguson, but felt him worthy of his place at present.Although he was not going to rely so heavily on loan players next year he highlighted that Hastie and Watt had a great attitude. He is working on the problem of second half fall aways but is certain it is not a fitness issue.
Nothing earth shattering but he convinced me that he was worth putting our trust in.

Re: Manager Q & A
Posted by: jetsky (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2018 09:28

Yes the manager seems to speak well,to look to the future and plan ahead ,are we not going to be in the same position as every other year ,present goalkeeper moves on would it not make sense to use and make sure Muir is in place by playing him and secure him for next year,that's if our goal is to stay in this division .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net