Ayr Utd
Posted by: Dobba (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:32

Another shocker of an away performance. The league table doesn't lie. Stuck in the bottom 4 (6 points behind the might of Stranraer). Poor decision making, nothing up front and chaos at the back. Just about sums up the season and just not good enough.

Re: Ayr Utd
Posted by: Rusty2 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:42

Tend to agree..we are still very much a work in progress..and we dont seem to turn up in the second half. Thought we were muscled out of it today!

I dont doubt that the new owners will recognise this and will be planning ahead for next season.

Posted by: jetsky (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:49

Think they are planning next season and the next ,a few 2year contracts being dished out ,we will have a better away record in the lowland league.

Posted by: Chapelhall man (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 21:37

Quote:
jetsky
Think they are planning next season and the next ,a few 2year contracts being dished out ,we will have a better away record in the lowland league.
I can understand why you feel so grouchy about our prospects given our away record but I think the home performances have been quite good . That may well save us from the Lowland League decline scenario. I thought we did play well today in first half but if you don't score and you make basic errors when 1 down then defeat is to be expected.I have now concluded that Fry will never score . I also wonder if a less tolerant Ref might have Red carded Shankland in the first half for what looked like a kick to endanger an opponent. I know that is clutching at straws but once again I got the result wrong . Can't see us signing on McGregor next season and maybe Queens park's "best player" should now be in goals.

Posted by: Dobba (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 13:36

We're presently in 29th position in the Scottish leagues and if, at the end of April we're still there, it will probably be our lowest league position since before the first World war (unless anyone knows differently). We can't win away from home and can't score. Teams don't even have to try very hard against us - they just plug away and wait for our defence and goalkeeper to make the errors. Very disheartening.

Posted by: Diamond Forever (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 13:56

<> Disappointing game yesterday...thought we were in with a shout 1st half though it was really scrappy from both sides. Ferguson made a very good save to keep it level at half time.

2nd half was poor - defence sleeping at their 1st, unfortunate penalty for the 2nd and another calamity from Ferguson for the 3rd - it may have been the angle I was sitting at but it looked as if our keeper made a half baked attempt to try and get back to the goal after coming way off his line and screwing up.

The only real surprise in the league is that we aren't way behind everyone else given our awful away form and lack of goals up front.

Still think we will struggle to make the play offs as we are now 7 behind and played 1 game more, though a win v Alloa and Stranraer over the next week could keep it interesting... <>

Posted by: Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 17:38

Christ, the feel good factor didn’t last long did it?

Date: 25 February, 2018 20:13

Quote:
Dobba
We can't win away from home and can't score. Teams don't even have to try very hard against us - they just plug away and wait for our defence and goalkeeper to make the errors. Very disheartening.
While I share your sense of frustration about our away form and I have seen nearly all of them, we have managed to win twice and have scored in most of the away games-indeed we scored first only to then concede 6 and 7, so the turnaround we managed to get after those disasters, did bring on a sense of optimism. It is maybe still there for the home games which will no doubt test us on Tuesday. Having watched early highlights I now think Shankland should have been sent off for kicking Ferguson, and then who knows?

Posted by: Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 15:40

Quote:
Sandy Jamieson
Christ, the feel good factor didn’t last long did it?

Been a moanfest for a while now on here.

That’s why The a stomp is all but dead and buried these days.

Same old same old.

Date: 26 February, 2018 15:49

Yes it does seem like a lot of moaning ,but you have got to say it as you see it on a sat ,if I said we had a great defence ,and we played well in the second half of the last three games and we are solid in defence they would come and lock me up .

Posted by: Diamond Forever (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 11:25

<> Part of the issue with the Stomp is that the emergence and growth of Pie and Bovril in the last few years has seen a decline in the number of posters and discussion on here. P & B has the advantage of interacting and discussing with not just our own support but supporters of other teams too - on one site. But while that often produces good debate between fans it regularly descends into a slagging match (sometimes among Airdrie fans)...

There has been plenty of moaning and abuse on there directed at players and management so it's not just reserved for the Stomp - Fitzpatrick got it every week when he was playing from one specific poster. And the current "2nd half predicament" has been acknowledged by the manager and players so the criticism is IMO justified. However that has to be balanced with the fact the club has undergone big changes this season which has bound to have affected the players and performances, and most supporters will accept we are a work in progress at the moment...

Both the Stomp and P & B are just the online equivalent of us all having a rant at the players as they trooped off to the Pavilion! <>

Posted by: Just Me (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 12:01

I can't believe what a greeting face Sandy Jamieson is. For years he has been moaning to get rid of the old regime. Well we've got rid of them. Let's look at what we've got in their place. We have a new board who couldn't possibly be regarded as anything other than Airdrie minded.They have set about working with the fans rather than against. If you don't believe me ask Dougy Allsop who has worked with both boards and is now finding his job a pleasure again. We have had our main sponsor sign on again. We brought 6 new players in during the window [despite the board only getting control in early January] to help our stated aim of avoiding relegation this season. We have signed our 3 most promising youngsters on longer contracts.We have extended the contract of Scott Stewart who was the most likely player to disappear in summer.We have given security of tenure to the manager who is already targeting players for a promotion push next season. Yet you are greeting again because we lost away to 2 of the top teams in the league. Did you expect a magic wand to be waved and we become Barcelona overnight? Get a grip of yourself.

Date: 28 February, 2018 12:50

In defence of post I think it was the manner we lost the games we failed to turn up in second half ,that's not a moan that's a fact .

Date: 28 February, 2018 14:29

I try to post on both sites but often find it easier to respond on P/B once I mastered PC skills, and as said it lets you interact with other fans in the division. As for where we are just now, in view of all that happened from the end of last season, I am a lot more content, but as the Old Pavilion comment said I reserve the right to moan as well( Remember the long walk from the dugouts at the centre stand!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net