Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Did anyone else drink in Zanzi's in the early 90's
Posted by: weasel (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2008 21:50

Club Z was class, many drunken nigths in there.
I got friendly with one of the burds behind the bar, in fact 2 and they would always top up my pint on the fly for me. bouncers building you J's the lot. cant beat it.

Posted by: Big Tam (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2008 21:52

What is now the hinese under Cue Here was Flamingos back in 91/92. B Bus used to leave from there for a while. Before it was Flamingos it was called Mr Jacks. Started off as a club as Mr Jacks and changed to more of a pub later.

Posted by: The Hairy Onion (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2008 22:04

I thought it was Flamingos but I might have been tripping. there was a superb player of the year night in there, Sandy Jamieson was there.

Posted by: Murraymint (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2008 22:37

Aye

Was in Le Gap (or Le Scrap as it was known) a couple of times too.

And what was the club next to the post office called (used to be the pink panther when I was a wee boy) spent my mates stagnight in there hiding from a manky hoor!

Anyone remember the legendary club in Coatbridge (near Sunnyside) that was around before Centre Point was built?

Posted by: Jay Silverheels (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 03:28

The Vulcan was the place to be...the sticky carpets were the draw for me.
The Sheep Dip in Zanzibar was great. It still tasted good on the way back up as well.

Posted by: Italia90 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 07:12

Quote:
Chávez
Aye

Anyone remember the legendary club in Coatbridge (near Sunnyside) that was around before Centre Point was built?

Do you mean Garfields?

Date: 19 June, 2008 08:47

Quote:
Italia90
Quote:
Chávez
Aye

Do you mean Garfields?

That'll be the Club De France.

Harlequins was the name of the place when you entered next to the Post Office.

Posted by: Henry,the mild mannered janitor (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 08:49

Odins perhaps?

http://i30.tinypic.com/33tice0.jpg

Posted by: Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 12:03

Have fond memories of The Bridgewood in Chapelhall, spent many a good night there with Airdrieonian and various other upstanding chaps. Was particularly fond of the "march" through Gartness at the end of the night.(Sm6)

Posted by: Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 12:16

Quote:
Italia90
Quote:
Chávez
Aye

Do you mean Garfields?
I wonder if he means the place behind Garfields which is now a Chinese resturant. I think it was called Tokyo Joes at the time (it changed names on a regular basis) and it was one of the roughest establisments I have ever frequented.

Posted by: Scott H (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 12:20

Quote:
smithers-jones
I wonder if he means the place behind Garfields which is now a Chinese resturant. I think it was called Tokyo Joes at the time (it changed names on a regular basis) and it was one of the roughest establisments I have ever frequented.

I remember Tokyo Joe's floor was always saturated with pee and was often found trickling out the door and onto the street. Quality place!!

Posted by: OlderB (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 13:08

Quote:
Big Tam
What is now the hinese under Cue Here was Flamingos back in 91/92. B Bus used to leave from there for a while. Before it was Flamingos it was called Mr Jacks. Started off as a club as Mr Jacks and changed to more of a pub later.

Flamingos/ Mr Jacks was a great boozer. They used a run a bus from there when it closed to some club in Bellshill- the bus arrived with windows put out and left Bellshill with the remainder of the windows put in.
Great days and Zanzi's was good as well.

Anyon e ever go to Mirrors above the old Gulshan............now that was a dodgy place. Whinhalls ones at one side and Thrashbush ones at the other just waiting to attack each other.

Posted by: Allstars (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 13:24

mon the bush

Date: 19 June, 2008 14:05

Quote:
Upright
Quote:
smithers-jones

I remember Tokyo Joe's floor was always saturated with pee and was often found trickling out the door and onto the street. Quality place!!

Coatbridge - what do you expect?

Posted by: Wee Jock (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 15:37

Guidis on a Monday night for the nurses! Been chucked out them all ....Zanzis, Club "D", AA, Tokoyo Joes ....... Y.G.A.S ya bass!

Date: 19 June, 2008 15:50

Quote:
nick cash
Quote:
Upright
Quote:
smithers-jones

Coatbridge - what do you expect?

How very true!

Date: 19 June, 2008 16:09

Anyon e ever go to Mirrors above the old Gulshan............now that was a dodgy place. Whinhalls ones at one side and Thrashbush ones at the other just waiting to attack each other.[/quote]

Mirrors was always good for a mid week session with double whisky/vodke deals for 50p. Used to go to Olivers for a game of snooker then sometimes a wee jaunt to Mirrors or up to the Gulshan which I'm sure was the Indian resturaunt up the lane at Sommerfields where anyone over the age of 14 could get served any night of the week.

Posted by: Fashanu (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 16:16

Garfields was class I used to get in when I was 15, was so easy.

Odins was not bad, Universe was the place to be though.

Date: 19 June, 2008 16:28

Quote:
OlderB
Anyon e ever go to Mirrors above the old Gulshan............now that was a dodgy place. Whinhalls ones at one side and Thrashbush ones at the other just waiting to attack each other.

Used to frequent The Tavern (Clarkston) in the mid eighties. Used to pee maself laughing when the DJ played a Duran Duran song, all the catholics would vacate the dance floor for it then to be filled by the protestants! You'd then get a similar stand off like the Whinhall & Thrashbush guys. (Sm6)

Posted by: Jay Silverheels (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2008 17:00

It used to be the Vulcan under Cue Here.

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net