Shambolic Coventry Lose Again
Posted by: Covcitytilidie (IP Logged)
Date: 27 November, 2016 13:35

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Shambolic Coventry Lose Again
Posted by: CCFC AD (IP Logged)
Date: 27 November, 2016 19:04

Yep - it seems after an upturn under MV, teams have now begun to work out the slightly different system MV plays and we're back to square one. Needs a change.

Personally I think we need to try two 'proper' strikers again as none of them are prolific/experienced enough to spearhead an attack by themselves, especially with 'flair' players like Jones, Reid and Lamerias who seem unable to make an impression or create much if they start a game. I'd let DiKE and Haynes have the wide midfield spots instead - they offer more defensive cover and can't offer any less going forward.

McBean should've started this game - he'd have put himself about and worked the defence even if he only lasted 45-60 minutes and then gave said flair players a chance.

I'm worried that we rely on Rose so much we bring back in before he's ready and can see him making the injury worse over the next month and be out for a few months, even the season. In which case we're stuffed. Gadzhev has been disappointing, but maybe needs playing in a no.10 type position? Bigi has done better than I expected (but I've never massively rated him anyway) as at least he has won a few tackles etc. His passing makes Sideways Sammy and Stephen 'the crab' Hughes look incisive!

Defence looks a bit ropy and always has an error in them. Wonder if they wish they'd taken a chance on getting than Finnish guy fit over the past few months now?

Positive - Burge has looked massively improved since coming back in? Hardly much to shout about

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net