Current Page: 22 of 54
Re: Superleague thread
Posted by: Alfie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2014 18:58

Ben Flower received a six month ban for his sending off..
I bet Oscar Pistorious gets less for murder.

St Helens Response:

NOW that the Ben Flower incident has been dealt with, St.Helens re-confirm their stance that this is a matter entirely for the RFL governing body and for the player concerned. Neither St Helens nor Lance Hohaia ever considered it to be otherwise.

Chairman Eamonn McManus stated:

"These matters have to be dealt with by the appropriate body within the game and it has so been.

"Whilst serving his ban it is critical that Ben is now provided all due personal and professional support. His rehabilitation is now paramount. During the period of his ban he will be no more than a 25-year-old boy who will be extremely vulnerable emotionally. We must assist him in any way that we can and accept him back into the sport. There is a person behind the player, and I am reliably informed by all that it is a good one. He must know that from all. Lance Hohaia certainly feels that way towards him also.

"The sport of Rugby League should not be judged by this event, but by how it deals with it.

"Ian Lenagan is a strong Chairman of a great club and I know that he will look beyond mere effect and more at cause. If anything is identified and needs to be dealt with then he will. St Helens stand firmly at the side of Wigan at this time.

"Separately, the RFL will take its duties and obligations extremely seriously. Again, we must look beyond the offence itself and identify and deal with any surrounding contributory factors. Certainly, the officiating and disciplinary structures, systems and processes need to be scrutinised, and quickly. Most agree that there has been an increasing lack of consistency in the interpretation and application of the rules of the game, and in its disciplinary sanctions when such rules are deemed to have been broken.

"Real and rapid introspection is critical and trust needs to be unequivocal. Coaches and players must have much more clarity and consistency in the application of the rules and in their sanctions so as not to tempt participants to exploit unclear boundaries nor to risk the unpredictability of sanctions.

"This matter gives the sport of Rugby League the opportunity to positively differentiate itself yet again by dealing with a high profile problem in an efficient, transparent, pragmatic and effective manner. I am confident that it will."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2014 19:35 by Alfie.

Posted by: halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2014 22:33

6 month ban??? Starts now, what a F***ing Joke. He will miss about 12 matches. There is no Rugby now for almost 4 Months

Should commence from when the season starts.

My view 1st Punch retaliation for the earlier push by Hohaia, Expected in matches of such high magnitude with adrenaline pumping.

2nd Punch when he is half unconcious on the floor is not acceptable.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

Date: 14 October, 2014 22:43

I think its fair for what he did,heat of the moment, I have seen much worse on the pitch from other teams,if it hadn't have happened in the final he would have only got 8 matches maximum..

I see the instigator of events got a one match ban as well .. (Sm15)

Get over it ,he will be back early April to play again.. Punishment served..

Date: 15 October, 2014 11:59

Police are investigating death threats made against Flower on that well known social site Twitter.. ***** me he only gave him one on the cheek admittedly it was a cheap shot but It's not like he tried to cut his head off..some people are really sad BAstids

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2014 19:52

Alfie I agree with you there. Some people do need to get a life instead of making death threats on cyber networks

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

Date: 20 October, 2014 18:51

Keiron Cunningham named new Saints coach... Now there's a surprise. (Sm129)
All downhill from now on..
Give him a couple of years at the helm and they will be taking his statue down .. (Sm42)

Posted by: colinwaldron (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2014 21:09

Alfie that is simply bitter and twisted after Saints double win this season and the goons winning zero(Sm14) as a person and a coach give me KC anytime over Wanes warped Wigan world the tarnished club, the wwww is doomed I'll tell you, even the decent pie fans can see it coming (Sm152)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

Date: 20 October, 2014 22:04

Hahaha.. Just thought I'd keep you on your toes Colin.. [:wor kid:]

The four nations start this weekend.. All three England games are on bbc2 early in the morning,I will be setting my recorder to watch them a few hours later. Think we will be given a couple of big losses again..

Date: 21 October, 2014 06:20

Well Alfie just look at the England squad(Sm14) not one player selected from the League Leaders and Super League Champions, I have said it before and I will say it again Mcnamara is useless as a coach, no track record of success anywhereconfused smiley I expect England to get slaughtered.

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Posted by: Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2014 05:46

Look on the bright side.........we have four players in the squad that play on a proper League.

The Aussie and Kiwi teams have also been devastated as well so it should be an interesting tournament.

It is on Channel 9 here by the way

Date: 24 October, 2014 05:46

Look on the bright side.........we have four players in the squad that play on a proper League.

The Aussie and Kiwi teams have also been devastated as well so it should be an interesting tournament.

It is on Channel 9 here by the way

Date: 24 October, 2014 06:32

"proper league" ? confused smiley

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Date: 24 October, 2014 16:48

"Proper league"...(Sm98)... (Sm146)

Date: 24 October, 2014 22:49

We all know it (Sm151)

Date: 25 October, 2014 10:14

Spoken like a true aussie(Sm14)

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Date: 25 October, 2014 12:01

Job done,a win under our belts against quite a decent team.. Should improve quite a lot after that,we will need to...(Sm152)

Always nice to see those arrogant Aussies
lose as well..be it their second or third string team.. Well done New Zealand ..smileys with beer

Date: 25 October, 2014 12:12

Perhaps they will field a "proper team" next week? (Sm14)

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Date: 25 October, 2014 12:43

Thought the Kiwis were marvellous and could/should have scored a couple more tries.

Looks like Cherry_Evans will be out as well next week. Still should be good enough to beat England unless we improve dramatically.

Date: 25 October, 2014 17:19

Do you mean "we" as in the team that doesn't have a "properleague?"(Sm14)

Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion

Date: 25 October, 2014 19:36

Or "we"as in that arrogant bunch of Aussies thay play in a "proper league" ? (Sm14)

Current Page: 22 of 54
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net