Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Moving on
Posted by: Jilted (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2017 20:49

There's a lot being said after the Grenfell fire, but after the fire at Bradford City we still have an old stand which contains much wood. Smoking is prohibited within the ground, but still there is a potential for a fire.
Are there any grounds down south with old wooden stands?

Posted by: ozchippie (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2017 09:35

I read recently that Forest Green are about to build a new
ground totally out of wood. They are also probably the worlds
only vegan team.

Posted by: peepodaylane (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2017 15:26

i would hate to move, I love the turf , younger fans with less history on there, would just adapt, soon the new place would become quite a natural setting for them. Must be sad for a great many fans elsewhere when the end comes, west ham, man city, arsenal, etc. Brunshaw road is perfect , we can handle the crowds, no need to move unless some cynical overseas betting corporation takes the reigns and demands we build a poxy characterless stadium and rebrand totally. I will probably stop going on then. I will happily take some changes, but i have my limits. What hull and cardiff were facing in recent times made me sick .hope the day never dawns for us.

....might be acceptable to have a pie shaped venue though, so it appeared like a huge meat pie from a distance.

Posted by: fulledgelad (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2017 18:18

Quote:
Shanghaiclaret
I played at Calder Vale a few times. Glad we moved from there. Talk about mud. It was a bog.

Are you referring to the Belvedere and Caldervale Rugby Club off Colne road?

The old Burnley Rugby Union club ground was somewhere near the new Burnley college,just down from Burnley central rail station close to the viaduct.

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2017 19:35 by fulledgelad.

Posted by: fulledgelad (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2017 18:33

Quote:
soapylily
Only Anfield Stamford Bridge and St James' Park - did we really once play at Calder Vale? although that's when they were a rugby club and they moved to the Turf in 1882

Burnley football club played a few matches at the old Burnley Football rugby club-which was near where the new Burnley college is now-when first formed.moving to Turf Moor in 1883.

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 23:50 by fulledgelad.

Date: 01 July, 2017 19:44

Quote:
fulledgelad
Quote:
soapylily
Only Anfield Stamford Bridge and St James' Park - did we really once play at Calder Vale? although that's when they were a rugby club and they moved to the Turf in 1882

Burnley football club played a few matches at the old rugby club when first formed.moving to Turf Moor in 1883.

Probably best ask Alf, i think he cut the ribbon.

What about the renaming of grounds?
Any thoughts of a new name for the Turf?

Posted by: Alfie (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2017 15:12

No new name,it will always be turf moor for me.. Has ta bin down turf lately? Lol

Posted by: BC2 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2017 12:57

Quote:
Jilted
it's only when it's a government project things go Pete Tong and the original estimate is only a fraction of final costs.

It went seriously Pete Tong for Multiplex, constructors of the new Wembley. They lost around £200 million on the deal, which led to them losing all interest in bidding for any of the London Olympics building projects.

Date: 06 July, 2017 19:29

The new Hinkley Point power station, they want an extra billion and a half, because British standards are different???
FFS, who were the Japs and Frogs designing the plant for???

Not sure the New Wembley was a government project, hope feckin no cos I'm a Scot grinning smiley

Date: 28 August, 2017 17:22

Looks like we, sorry they, are moving.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

FFS, sure the lad on the tannoy said the attendance yesterday was 6,004 with 1,500 away fans, and I saw many Hibs fans in town later, obviously they had come by train, the new ground will be further away from the station, not a good move imo.

Date: 13 September, 2017 18:32

FFS, more details of the proposed plans for a new ground up here, including a crematorium, holy smoke, I wonder if this is a green method of under soil heating.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net