Andre Gray A Hornet
Posted by: Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 12:24

£18 million? snatched their hands off. Hope they bring Deeney in as part of the deal.

Andre Gray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 17:07 by Foreverclaret.

Re: Andre Gray A Hornet???
Posted by: So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 13:31

Not heard owt about Deeney coming this way, but at least we have another 18 mil in the dry powder store.

Remind anyone of when Charlie left? Hope it turns out as well this time around.

Re: Andre Gray A Hornet
Posted by: Jilted (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 17:52

I often took Gray in my Paddy Power hotshots when you lads were playing at home last season, who should I pick this season?

Posted by: soapylily (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 20:42

'Kinell! I was surprised to see this. The question now is who do we find to replace him? Is Agyei ready in Sean's mind? Or is he content ecause he has free scoring midfielders? Perhaps the greatest midfield selection since McIlroy's day.

Posted by: Alfie (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 22:28

Great thinking by Sean the board selling him for 18.5 million..

Posted by: BC3 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 22:43

Quote:
soapylily
Is Agyei ready in Sean's mind?

No.

Posted by: fred dibnah (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 23:34

Kin Watford ! FFS eye rolling smiley
Im really, really disappointed with this one. But what can you do if he wont sign a new improved contract, i suppose we have no choice but to cash in now.

He's going to be hard to replace. But weve been here before, im sure we'll spend a chunk of money on a new striker by the end of the month.

Date: 10 August, 2017 01:18

I don't know what I am missing, the lad scored goals, why want rid ?
Fair play getting zillions in but then you have to spend zillions out to replace, it's getting more like a game of chess than a ball game.

Posted by: fulledgelad (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2017 01:33

Andre no longer had the desire to be a Burnley player,no point having an unsettled player.

It's not rocket science.

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Date: 10 August, 2017 01:41

Fair do's
But from an outsider he scored goals.
Don't want to be pessimistic but Watford, imo, this could be a relegation scrap, selling your goods to a rival ain't good imo.

Posted by: fulledgelad (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2017 01:53

watford seemed to lose their intensity with about 10 games to go when they were deemed safe.
They could and probably should have finshed at least half way.only 6 points difference from 9th place Southampton to Watford who finished fourth bottom.

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 01:54 by fulledgelad.

Date: 10 August, 2017 08:51

I wonder how it will work with Deeney though.

Posted by: BC2 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 09:08

Dyche wasn't even starting Gray at the back end of last season, he wouldn't sign a new contract, he didn't get onto the field until the last two minutes of the Celta Vigo game, his time was up at Burnley, it was just a matter of where he was going and how much we could get for him.

His goals got us promoted, but his nine goals in the PL were irrelevant, and by the end of the season he was a peripheral figure, two penalties, a hat trick against relegated Sunderland, and just four goals in open play against the rest of the league, it's a pi$$ poor return, and we'd still have stayed up if he hadn't scored any of them. We coped perfectly well when he wasn't playing last season, and as we had a far better winning record when he was out of the team than when he was in it, you could easily make the case that he was a liability in the PL.

Not a proven scorer at this level, out of favour with the manager, couldn't trap a bag of cement, continually offside, thinks him and his wag are too good for BFC, good riddance imo, and I doff my cap to Mr Garlick or whoever persuaded Watford to cough up £18.5 million for him. Brilliant bit of business.

Posted by: Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 00:52

If they play to his strengths at Watford his tally will be considerably higher in the coming season.

Posted by: Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 01:55

Maybe so BON but unfortunately he wasn't a good fit for the way we play, or the mentality of being a Burnley player. Good news for us, for Brentford, for him and for Watford. Well to be honest I don't care about Watford. I hope it sucks for them.

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

Posted by: BC2 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 08:19

Quote:
Brian O'Neil
If they play to his strengths at Watford his tally will be considerably higher in the coming season.

Maybe Brian, but imo PL defenders are well aware of his strengths and are better able to cope with them than Championship defenders. The basic weaknesses in his game will still be there, and they will find him out next season at Watford, just like they did last season with us.

Date: 13 August, 2017 10:06

He didn't impress when he came on

Posted by: UpBur (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 15:41

Hi guys! Great match yesterday! I've found an interesting video that explains our tactics [youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net