10 Burnley Reads
Posted by: TheLongside.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2017 21:19

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: 10 Burnley Reads
Posted by: Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2017 13:26

Have you got them all?

Posted by: Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2017 13:56

All bar Clarke Carlisle's, I am not a fan of his.

Also got Defiant to the end, Charles Buchan best of Burnley, Who saya football doesn't do Fairy Tales, Entertainment Heroes and Villains, Jimmy Mac the books, No Nay Never Anthology, No Nay Never volume 2, Russians Don't Land Here, It's Burnley Not Barcelona, Mud Sweat and Shears, Champions, Jimmy Hogan, Bob Lords book,

I have thorughly enjoyed all of them but I think Wiilie Irvines is just my favourite closely followed by Tommy Boyle and Margarets story.

On top of these I have quite a few of footballers autobiographies, wifey is always telling me to make some space along with my 2,000 programmes and get rid of em all. If I got rid of her there would be more than enough space around the place.

Date: 16 August, 2017 15:54

ha ha FC you better hope she doesn't read the site... you will have read the famed Dave Timberlake joke no doubt.

The Irvine book is a proper real story, lots of pathos, i had a few emails saying it had brought tears to a few eyes... ha ha must have been the spelling

Date: 16 August, 2017 15:55

You need an Roger Eli book and a Paul Fletcher, to see how different two stories can be, and how two books can be written so differently in style and tone.

Posted by: soapylily (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2017 20:57

Great article DT. Must get Swanny.

Date: 19 August, 2017 06:40

Swanny is a laugh-loud of a book similar in style to Stan ternent's... recommended

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net