Out of Sight...Out of Mind
Posted by: soapylily (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2018 11:07

Something made me look back at the infamous 09-10 season and I was struck at how many of the players who we signed I had forgotten. Is it old age or were they really a disctictly average bunch?

Wiki has a rundown of the main points of the season but the following (woe is me) don't stick in the mind and highlight how much better SD's team are doing at recruiting the 'right stuff'.
I had forgotten Tyrone Mears from Derby, eclipsed perhaps by Tripps, although he played most games for 2 seasons he went to join OC eventually at BWFC. I do remember David Edgar and Fletcher. Brian Easton, Richard Eckersley( who the 'eck and how Man U must have laughed at us), Besart Berisha - would he have made it with us given more time? Never mind he became a superstar down under. Of course I remember Bikey and Nugent coming in but Remco van der Schaff? Frédéric Nimani? Leon Cort (just, perhaps because of his inadequacies and wages) Danny Fox, that season is all a bit of a blur perhaps overshadowed by what went n off the pitch rather than the relatively poor signings on it. All of them seem to have gone downhill after leaving BFC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2018 11:09 by soapylily.

Re: Out of Sight...Out of Mind
Posted by: Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2018 13:12

No they were a great team. You are just old

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

Re: Out of Sight...Out of Mind
Posted by: Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2018 21:46

They were a step on the stairs to where we are now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net