Manchester City 5 Burnley 0
Posted by: TheLongside.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 20:15

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Manchester City 5 Burnley 0
Posted by: So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 22:09

Strangely thought it was a better performance than some recent ones despite the scoreline.

Amateur hour for the second and crucial goal though - play to the whistle!

Posted by: Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2018 23:56

We have done this before so quite obviously it was not lesson learned and by SD's comments neither will it be this time around.
Our defence seemed resigned rather than resolute.

Posted by: soapylily (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2018 04:29

So Cal we played well at 3-0 down... I was incensed because the second goal should not have counted. A. The ref should have blown when he dived and b. the ball was out. After that game over. Great to see Steven Defour back and he grew as the game went on. Time to give Tom H a chance between the sticks now..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2018 04:32 by soapylily.

Posted by: Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2018 14:46

Yep 24 hours later still angry at this joke scoreline and defeat.
Kompany goes off with a red and the game is wide open instead of a foregone conclusion. The second goal is an object lesson in how many mistakes can a referee make in 30 seconds.

Guardiola crowing over how beautiful was the football and the goals just makes me nauseous... The MEN said it was a masterclass... yeh in getting all the help going from an inept referee and dozy linesman.

Posted by: Jilted (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2018 15:20

I haven’t seen the highlights yet, but it sounds like the video ref would have made a difference.

Posted by: Alfie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2018 17:23

Quote:
Jilted
I haven’t seen the highlights yet, but it sounds like the video ref would have made a difference.

Not five differences though...(Sm100)

Date: 21 October, 2018 18:28

Quote:
Alfie
Quote:
Jilted

Not five differences though...(Sm100)

You never know, a red card in the first minute may have made 6 or 7 differencessmiling smileyand another red late on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2018 18:29 by Jilted.

Date: 21 October, 2018 22:08

Just watched the highlights, unlike SD I’m not convinced Kompany should have seen red, the second goal, wtf were Burnley thinking about, play to the whistle and that includes the linesman, looked as though the ball had went out. 3rd, cool strike, 4th a cracker, 5th simple. Didn’t see anything of Burnley in the opposition half.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net