Burnley 0 Chelsea 4
Posted by: TheLongside.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2018 15:34

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Burnley 0 Chelsea 4
Posted by: Alfie (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2018 16:51

No excuses whatsoever after the first 10 minutes we were @#$%& poor for the rest of the game..Chelsea cruised to a very easy victory.. Nine goals leaked in two games is just not good enough whether they are the best teams in the division or not.. That could come back to haunt us at the end of the season..

Something not right at the turf at the moment,time it was sorted out ..

Posted by: Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2018 23:48

Felt sorry for Joe Hart again today, he was left totally exposed, Mee Tarks and Lowton let him down big time. He made some fine saves and kept the scoreline from being totally silly.
I know it was Chelsea this week and Man City last week and you can more or less write these games off before a ball is kicked, but we really need to get much closer to the opposition we give them far too much space, it's embarrassing.

Posted by: So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2018 00:57

Time to go with 5 at the back? Brady and JBG as Wingbacks? I would go with Long and Gibson either side of Tarks.

Defour, Cork Hendrick / Westwood in the middle

Woods and Vydra up front - under the assumption with that formation we would wouldn't be lumping it up to big Sam or Bully Barnes.

I know Hart has been good, but I think we are missing Tom as well.

Something needs to change, or am I over reacting?

Posted by: So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2018 03:18

The more I think about it, the change that should be made is putting Tom back in goal.

I know, sounds stupid as Hart has done well, but I just think getting the skipper back, someone who organizes the defense, and who embodies the Burnley way, might just do the trick - even if we don't decide to play 3 at the back.

Posted by: Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2018 17:52

Serious questions to ask about Dyche game management and team selection.
Hendrick in the 10 role does not work.
That formation made it so easy for Chelsea.
Hendrick should have been subbed even before HT when it was clear change was needed.

This is where Dyche is poor, just does not see things that are going wrong early enough. So poor at game changes and always has been.

When Vokes went off and Hendrick stayed on I was just open mouthed.
At least at home start 4 4 2 and give it a go. What's to lose.
Sure Chelsea were great to watch but we made it so easy for them.

Posted by: Jilted (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2018 19:10

Mmmmm, I haven’t seen the game but I have looked on a few websites, a few months back SD could hardly put a foot wrong, NOW???? Funny old game. I look at Burnley like Dundee, one of those clubs, an inbetween club, what do you do? Play football and get relegated? Play hoofball and hope to stay in the top flight? Answers on a postcard.

Date: 29 October, 2018 19:15

We need to do something and pretty fast too.. Drop Hendrick for starters..

Posted by: Jilted (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2018 19:22

So what do you do, spend millions? And on who?
Or do you drop down a league and enjoy your football?
PS, when we’re you last at the Turf Alf?

Date: 29 October, 2018 20:56

Quote:
Jilted
So what do you do, spend millions? And on who?
Or do you drop down a league and enjoy your football?
PS, when we’re you last at the Turf Alf?

I've served my 50 yr apprenticeship watching the Clarets JJ.. I'm still entitled to an opinion after watching the game on a stream .. (Sm128)

Posted by: Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2018 22:11

This side lost its way after the run of 5 wins in April.
Didn't win again. The last home game against Bournemouth was a sign of things to come. The summer recruitment was awful.
Lose Arfield and Marney and no replacements.
Dyche has done wonders for the club as a whole but has always been poor at making change during a game when things have been gone wrong.
he is on record somewhere as having said that he doesn't believe that changes during a game affect the game.
Well course they don't in his case... he leaves them so late when we are behind.

Why we didn't start 4 4 2 on Sunday still baffles me.

Posted by: Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2018 00:32

It is almost predictable at what point in the game changes if any will be made by SD. When we are holding our own the failings are masked and it has to be said that this run of form/results has been a long tome coming. A tight defence even if we are losing games is our only hope of success or survival. One thing is for sure in an SD team we sure as heck can't do the goal scoring thing to counter a poor defence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net