Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: O/T Global Warming - The Really inconvenient truth
Posted by: The Collector (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2008 14:03

It's all a con to get Ł's from us & political in order to keep us in our place, while THEY make a fortune out of it(Sm19)

.http://i11.tinypic.com/6t1cg47.jpg
I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2008 14:25 by The Collector.

Posted by: CheshireExile (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2008 14:10

I'm not surprised by that. The "green" lobby strike me as a particularly nasty Puritanical "secular religion" which can be used to bully us into all kinds of taxes and restrictions upon our freedoms. Gore always was a charlatan and a liar- before he got into the "green thing" he was notorious for his hypocrisy over the sale of tobacco in the US.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2h5m9fa.jpg

Posted by: PlymouthClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2008 14:17

Haven't the time at the moment MH. I often have a quick peruse on here when I get the chance.

Had an exam this morning, another one is coming up next week. Need to sort out what and where I'm going when I'm out on my @#$%& next month too. Just bought a car so I need to get it sorted so I can pay for that.

Plus this isn't Geography, geography is a poor man's science, this is big boy stuff!

Truth is, I thought it mattered. I thought that music mattered. But does it bollocks. Not compared to how people matter.

Date: 02 May, 2008 14:19

Agree CE.

It's good to see that there are now reports coming out, that many scientists don't agree with all the bull-@#$%& we are being fed by the politicians & `greens`.

I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

Re: Global warming. A myth?
Posted by: Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2008 14:26

Bizarrely I am now reading that CO2 is actually good - in fact desparately needed by the planet.

It is starting to look like the biggest con in mans history

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Date: 14 May, 2008 14:44

[www.guardian.co.uk]

This is something one of my lecturers was explaining to us a few years ago.

Basically if it's too warm for ice to form in the North Atlantic because the Gulf Stream is too warm, icebergs won't form and expel salt into the water creating the salty, cold dense water which is needed to sink to drive what's known as the Thermohaline Circulation system driving and linking together the major ocean currents. If this doesn't happen the currents will slow and so the gulf stream will slow, hence the surface temperatures in the North Atlantic will decrease and so more icebergs will form.

Just possibly another one of Earth's many feedback mechanisms.

In the interests of fairness however, another article to ponder over.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Truth is, I thought it mattered. I thought that music mattered. But does it bollocks. Not compared to how people matter.

Date: 14 May, 2008 19:27

I remember a few years ago, they reckoned the `Gulf stream` was slowing down & we were due for some russian winters.

It's all part of the Earth/Suns natural cycle & there's very little (if anything) we can do to change it.

I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

Date: 14 May, 2008 19:31

Like I've said though, the gulf stream slowing aids the factors that will speed it back up.

Posted by: BBC 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2008 20:11

Had two Asian dudes Knock on my door earlier asking what i thought of global warming and the green tax!

I thought " Wrong colour for Jehovah's Whiteness's " But they continued about the planet and heat escaping from my windows and doors .

Then they handed over a leaflet . WHITH JEFF "BLOODY" BROWN on the cover "Safe style UK ".

Told them to bog off

Date: 14 May, 2008 20:13

Safestyle UK windows - prevent heat loss and stop global warming.

Posted by: BBC 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2008 20:14

Apparently.

Date: 15 May, 2008 13:18

Just going through some old notes for an exam next week and I thought some of you would like this quote:

Quote:
Anon
Statistics are like a bikini: what they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital

Date: 15 May, 2008 20:29

Sea levels have varied by more than 100 metres in the past, as ice-sheets have melted then re-formed. Rocks & the land we stand on, rise & fall over millenia......& long may it continue.

From the Economist;

As the world warms, so frozen earth begins to melt, which releases greenhouse gases, which warms the world up further.

Something similar seems to be happening with the literature of climate change.
As people write books on global warming, so they generate interest in the subject, which increases demand, which leads to the writing of even more books. Both these cycles result in a lot of hot air. (Sm6)

I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

Posted by: Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2008 01:03

CE, I knew you would come around to my suspicious cynical view of the world. Germany have recently increased their use of coal by 3.5% to produce electricity, they talk environmental blox but they use coal!World population 1954 2.5B 1970 4.5B 2000 6.5B Even the thickies can work out the implications of those numbers, religious and political morons excepted.

Date: 26 May, 2008 15:17

The latest crazy idea from a report by a committee of MP's, that individual carbon accounts should be introduced for every single UK citizen. (Sm19) (Sm9)
[news.bbc.co.uk]

All this at a time when BILLIONS of pounds are being wasted
[www.guardian.co.uk] (Sm19)

I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

Posted by: bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2008 15:43

Once of a day you could be sure it was April 1st when you read stuff like that, but the lunatics are well and truly in control of the asylum now.(Sm8)

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Date: 14 July, 2008 20:39

Just an update on the rising sea-levels & impending doom from flooding, for many of the worlds greatest cities.

Given all the warnings, here is a slightly inconvenient truth.

Over the past two years, the global sea level hasn't increased at all! In fact it has slightly decreased.

Since 1992, satellites orbiting Earth have measured the global sea level every 10 days with an amazing degree of accuracy (within 3-4mm) For two years, sea levels have declined.

Oh, & the temperature of the Earth isn't expected to increase for another few years.

I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2008 20:58 by The Collector.

Date: 09 September, 2008 20:17

Did anyone see that proggy last night about `re-cycling`?

Now if the government believes that transport is a large contributor to the global warming, why are businesses being allowed to ship millions of tons of our waste over to Asia?
(apart from money, of course (Sm16)) & Councils across the country, simply taking the p1ss. (Sm19)

I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

Posted by: Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2008 21:16

My favourite inconvenient truth was the fact that he (al gore) started selling carbon offsets before he made that film

Now call me a cynic but when you then find out most of the off sets he was selling were for initiatives that companies were already doing.....

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Posted by: CheshireExile (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2008 08:51

You've done it again L1882. You've got my blood pressure up by mentioning that wazzock Gore.

Another update- not only is our carefully sorted rubbish (care being needed to avoid a fine) being sent to China thus burning fossil fuels, but it is not then recycled, being dumped or burned.

TIMES ONLINE

How long before the revolution begins?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2h5m9fa.jpg

Current Page: 3 of 12
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net