Current Page: 1 of 2
Giroud's header
Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 23:23

Must be one of the best I've ever seen; He fighted off 2 men and powered home a header from a cross which didn't have much power on it.

Take a bow Giroud!

Can you guys think of a better headed goal?

Re: Giroud's header
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 23:44

This one I liked.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 23:54

But it was a free header

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 00:14

Giroud was being held back and still has the muscles to power the header home.

More thought for Wenger ... perhaps 3-5-2 like the French national team with both Lacazette-Giroud partnership.

Lacazette is a fox in the box like Gary Lineker, swift and an instinct to be in the right place at the right time.

Plus Lacazette has a knack for link-up plays and overall awareness of the tactical situation that he knows when to pass and when to drive forward.

Walcott should learn from Lacazette ... and is supposed to develop into a player like Lacazette.

I don't miss Alexis.
Without Alexis, we are more of a team with both Giroud and Lacazette playing for the team instead of being egoistic like Alexis.

Date: 12 August, 2017 00:15

Of course we miss Alexis.

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 07:00

Giroud is the only player in the team capable of scoring that kind of goal, but RVP's is probably the best header I've ever seen. I recall Ozil scoring a similar head to RVP's last season. Both took amazing heading technique and positional awareness.

Posted by: celine dion (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 20:29

I wouldnt remember any of you young yobbos to remember it but this is one of the best headers I can think of.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: 12 August, 2017 20:31

And this is another one. PP was probably there, I wasn't, as I was just a little bit too young.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 21:22

Quote:
celine dion
I wouldnt remember any of you young yobbos to remember it but this is one of the best headers I can think of.
[www.youtube.com]

Four years and one month before I was born! I'd never even considered that Mick McCarthy might not have always been grey.

What a header though.

Date: 12 August, 2017 21:23

Its a monstrous header isn't it mate. For some reason Ive always remembered it.

Posted by: Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 00:05

Is nobody going to pull GS up on using the word "fighted" .. like seriously?? Come on guys what are you thinking

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Posted by: SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 01:14

Basile Boli (Marseille-PSG, 1993) from outside the area. One of the best headed goals ever.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 08:39

Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
Is nobody going to pull GS up on using the word "fighted" .. like seriously?? Come on guys what are you thinking

They couldn't be bothered. They also couldn't be bothered to pull you up on your lack of punctuation.

Has Wheelchair gone to West Ham yet?

Date: 13 August, 2017 09:51

Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Basile Boli (Marseille-PSG, 1993) from outside the area. One of the best headed goals ever.
[www.youtube.com]

Nice one.

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 10:44

Pele's against England in the WC was near on perfect .... Only problem was Banks some how saved it.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 12:18

Best headed goal? Ray Kennedy at the lane 1971 to win us the league first part of our first double

DB10,the best.

Posted by: mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 15:49

I want Giroud to start with Welbeck against Stoke. Lacazette on the bench. Against a team that favours the high ball and tall centre backs, Lacazette imo is not be the answer. But I trust Wenger to ignore the opponents and do what he pleases.

Date: 13 August, 2017 18:28

I think the main priority for Stoke should be Wenger starting with actual experienced centre backs in his 3 man central defence system. Actual experienced recognised centre backs, not just players who play in other positions who he likes.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 20:45

It depends if he has 3 available. Kos still suspended, Mert still injured and mustafi yet to play a game

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2017 00:59

Wenger isn't signing anyone else so we'll likely see Elneny playing CB a fair bit this season unfortunately.

Only problem is he's s.hit in midfield, never mind at the back.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net