Current Page: 1 of 3
Kolasinac the best free transfer of the summer?
Posted by: kickitkeith (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 19:57

Article says Sebastian Rudy to bayern is the best free transfer but it has to be the Bosnian beast for me! Thoughts? Can see him becoming the best left back in the league in the near future and to get him for free is great business - kudos to Wenger for that.

https://rushfootball.co.uk/2017/09/08/the-good-the-bad-and-the-free-part-3/

Re: Kolasinac the best free transfer of the summer?
Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 22:12

The worst will be Sagna and/or Senderos when we sign them soon. We all know it will happen

Posted by: Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 22:37

It won't matter if Wenger keeps him on the bench or plays him as a CB.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2017 23:19

I've seen him miss simple passes every game he has played and also seen him be very adventurous and leave his position a lot.
I've tended ignore the things when players first arrived but then see those players still doing it. Alexis (passing) and xhaka (positional discipline) are the ones in talking about.
He may well be good, but I've a sinking feeling he's gonna be like santossad smiley. From whatever i saw in the first 2 games he played, I'm inclined to play monreal unless there's a solid merchant on his wing.

He will probably do ok as a wing back but not sure about LB in a back 4

Posted by: Goofle (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 08:29

Looks trash to me

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 08:50

Not to sure about his defending.
But then again we don't defend .

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 09:07

He is good attacking, but, I sit quite near pitch level, yesterday I saw him making quite a few errors in defence. A better team than Bournemouth would have exploited them.
However, its early days yet, he needs to time to get up to the pace of the prem, its a bit pointless judging players after they have played 2 or 3 games.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: younghansolo (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 10:32

I'm amazed we haven't been linked with Sagna yet

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 13:20

Wenger could sign an in-prime Paolo Maldini tomorrow and I'm convinced he wouldn't be a huge improvement on Kieran Gibbs.

As a result, it's hard to judge defenders under Wenger these days. You never really know if they're sh*t or just look sh*t because they're in a system not famed for its defending.

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 15:44

It's another reason Kos is such a good defender because he has generally managed to look good in a c.rap system and under a manager who hasn't got the first clue how to coach a defence.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posted by: Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 16:03

Quote:
Shane
Wenger could sign an in-prime Paolo Maldini tomorrow and I'm convinced he wouldn't be a huge improvement on Kieran Gibbs.
As a result, it's hard to judge defenders under Wenger these days. You never really know if they're sh*t or just look sh*t because they're in a system not famed for its defending.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Date: 10 September, 2017 16:30

Yeah defensive drilling is a pbm for the team as whole but when you see people make decisions to pass, where to pass, etc one can gauge.
His crossing and picking out players is good when he had the time. But he miss places simple passes and lacks defensive discipline from whatever i can.
Also if winger s isolate him one v one on the byline, they can get a lot of joy. That last thing was what gibbs was better than monreal. One v one, using his recovery pace and in general

Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 16:41

Quote:
BootyDaddy
It's another reason Kos is such a good defender because he has generally managed to look good in a c.rap system and under a manager who hasn't got the first clue how to coach a defence.

The fact that we play an attacking system with hardly any protection from the midfield and the team is not build around the defends is more prove that Koscielny is a top defender. How many times has he stopped quick counter attacks and won one on ones and cleared the lines when the team was exposed (which is a lot of times).

I am sure Kos would have much better stats and contribute to more clean sheets if he was playing for Juve, Stoke or any of Pulis teams.

Posted by: De Times (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 17:09

He's the best tackler in the team already.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Date: 10 September, 2017 22:17

Sagna would be a more useful player. Would instantly become the best defender at the club.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2017 23:18

He is 35 in February

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Date: 11 September, 2017 03:28

Quote:
De Times
He's the best tackler in the team already.
Lets not exaggerate. All the other 3 are better. Koshielny, mustafi, even bellerin with his better recovery pace. He's physically a presence and has good shooting/crossing ability which is very imp for a wing back.
But he lacks positional discipline and will be found out against tricky singers wingers.
One v One, gibbs was our best after cole and clichy

Date: 11 September, 2017 04:56

Quote:
Padre Pio
He is 35 in February

Would still be the best defender at the club, especially as a CB in the back 3.

Posted by: djarse (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 09:29

Kolasinac apparently had the highest number of assists for a defender in the Bundesliga last season.....

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 10:32

Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
Padre Pio
He is 35 in February

Would still be the best defender at the club, especially as a CB in the back 3.

I know you love to be different, but lets not chat too much nonsense ay.

Sagna was good in his day but is old and way past it now, hence why he was only a bit part player for City for the last 3 years and then released.

Also why he's still a free agent and nobody wants him now.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net