Team against WBA - who is our lock picker?
Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 10:58

It is hard to score against Pulis Defence, especially Ben Foster who relishes playing Arsenal FC who is a human magnet and attracting all shots directly to him.

Will Alexis and Ozil fit to play and committed to play instead of wanderlust around the pitch and make half-hearted attempt to track back and only just waiting for the ball to come to them?

Dilemna for Wenger as to whether he will FIELD two players together who is not committed to Arsenal and will certainly not put in a wholehearted shift.

I will prefer to play Alexis as a supersub till he gets his head screwed right and fields him only for Europa Cup and League Cup games.

His body language on the pitch says it all ... he does not wish to play with those nincompoops surrounding him.

Ozil?
Why we are inconsistently is simply due to his inability to gel with Arsenal players and of course, Arsenal players are not on the same frequency a shim, hence many misplaced passes. Plus current Wenger Team is built on work-rate, instant closing down once the ball is lost, pass and move and then track back immediately. Ozil is just a square peg in a round hole.

........................................Cech

.........Mustafi..............Koscielny.............Monreal

...Bellerin............Ramsey............Xhaka.............Kolasinac

....................Lacazette.....................Iwobi

.......................................Giroud

I will take a punt in fielding committed players who are willing to run and close down players. Wenger will use these players to run WBA ragged with their short-passing games and to dominate midfield with Bellerin-Ramsey-Xhaka-Kolasinac battling it out and closing down players instantly.

When a WBA defence and midfield are pull to shred and tired mentally and physically, I will field Ozil and Alexis as supersub to win the game after 80th minute ... like 2007/08 season.

I will Start both Ozil and Alexis against BATE.
Ozil seems to stop running and goes AWOL much earlier in the game.

Is Ozil still injured?
And I knew from the past few games, Alexis is not mentally right to give full commitment to Arsenal. He just can't be bothered whether we win or lose the game.

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

Re: Team against WBA - who is our lock picker?
Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 11:17

That team make me feel sick, full of garbage.

Ozil, Sanchez and Wilshere should all start!

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 12:05

Go on then GS, what should the team be?

Here I'll help you get started ... Ospina

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 12:49

Sanchez is the only lock picker we have, either his assists or goals

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Date: 24 September, 2017 15:14

Quote:
BootyDaddy

People need to learn to read and not presume on here.

Just because I rightly said Ospina is better than Cech, doesn't mean I want Ospina to be our #1 long term! If people read they'll know I was calling for a new GK.

Everything I've said about Cech as been shown to be true so I don't need to defend what I said.

Team should be as follows, we're playing WBA not Real f ucking Madrid we need attacking players on the pitch

Ospina

Bellerin
Kos
Monreal
Kolasinic

Xhaka
Wilshere

Theo
Ozil
Sanchez

Laca

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 17:53

Theo Walcott against a deep lying defence? About as useful as Shane at an anti racism rally.

We saw how good Ospina was when the ball went sailing over his head against Cologne

Posted by: Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 22:13

Cech

Bellerin
Kos
Mustafi
Monreal

Xhaka
Ramsey

Walcott
Ozil
Sanchez

Lacazette

Iwobi can maybe play out wide but theo will bring a better goal-threat. Iwobi is like hleb but just not as good yet.

Date: 25 September, 2017 00:54

Quote:
Flava
Theo Walcott against a deep lying defence? About as useful as Shane at an anti racism rally.
We saw how good Ospina was when the ball went sailing over his head against Cologne

LMFAO. For anyone new reading this Shane isn't a racist, it's just banter, and Shane knows it is.

Flava, if you don't rate Opsina you don't know nothing about GK's! (Sm151)

Date: 25 September, 2017 10:18

Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
BootyDaddy

People need to learn to read and not presume on here.

Just because I rightly said Ospina is better than Cech, doesn't mean I want Ospina to be our #1 long term! If people read they'll know I was calling for a new GK.

Everything I've said about Cech as been shown to be true so I don't need to defend what I said.

Team should be as follows, we're playing WBA not Real f ucking Madrid we need attacking players on the pitch

Ospina

Bellerin
Kos
Monreal
Kolasinic

Xhaka
Wilshere

Theo
Ozil
Sanchez

Laca

So predictable. Cech had a great game against Chelsea, but we'll ignore that and drop him for Ospina and his calamitous efforts at goal keeping (which we'll also ignore and just shout the house down with "I told you so" if Cech doesn't come off his line quick enough).

And then there's Ramsey who surprise surprise doesn't feature either, despite being MOTM against Chelsea.

I know lets drop him as well because we don't Ike him either and replace him with Wilshire because he had an ok game against Doncaster Rovers.

Have a day off GS, seriously.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Date: 25 September, 2017 20:44

Cech, Mustafi, Ramsey .... all been excellent again tonight, but are the players we should apparently be dropping.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1151541/84287179.jpg

Date: 25 September, 2017 21:23

Mustafi and Ramsey were shite, obviously you've got low expectations!!

Cech was a passenger most of the game, you're obviously clueless mate!

Date: 25 September, 2017 22:10

LOL you really do chat nonsense. Shall we gloss over Cech bossing West Brom's set plays (their biggest strength)? Or constantly coming off his line to win or punch the ball away (bravery I believe you call it)? What about save from Rodriguez?

As for Mustafi and Ramsey being 's.hite' tonight, particularly the latter, that just proves what utter garbage you relentlessly chat.

Date: 25 September, 2017 22:23

Mediocrity is excellent apparently now, no wonder we're a shite club nowadays!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net