Did anyone catch the Sheffield derby?
Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 05:27

I don't get Championship Games on my package.

Since it was the first Steel City Derby in 5 seasons it was highly anticipated and didn't disappoint, heard it was a cracker of a game. The Blades over the Owls 4-2.

Anyone who saw it, was it as good as they said?

Re: Did anyone catch the Sheffield derby?
Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 08:01

I have family in Sheffield and have been to Bramall Lane and Hillsborough multiple times, so I try to keep an eye out for their games. Yeah, it was a great game. United were very, very good and Wednesday were awful defensively, but have some quality attackers at that level, so it made for a very exciting game.

United have this player called David Brooks, I'd never heard of him before but all I can say is... wow. He was something else. Really exciting attacking player, bags of still, had you on the edge of your seat. If he puts in a few more performances like that he'll be in the Premier League soon enough. Wales should get him capped ASAP as well.

United had Leon Clarke playing upfront for them. He's an old enemy of mine really, I had a Wolves season ticket during his breakthrough season and I always thought he was useless (overweight, lazy, etc), but he had a good game as well. Scored twice.

Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 08:35

Bet it was old school blood and thunder.

Leon Clarke lost quite a bit of weight since his Wolves days ehh?

The derby win might spur the Blades to go on a run.

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 10:41

Yeah it was a great game.

He's certainly lost weight since the mid-00s but I still don't think he looks in great shape (compare him to a Welbeck or a Giroud!). Wolves bizarrely resigned him in 2014 and it didn't work out again.

I don't really think there is a stand out team in the Championship this year, not like Newcastle last year, so I think the promotion race is wide open. I could see both Sheffield sides finishing in the play-offs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net