Match Thread Ozil on Bench
Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 18:01

ARSENAL TEAM NEWS

Team to play West Brom: Cech, Koscielny, Sanchez, Ramsey, Lacazette, Monreal, Mustafi, Bellerin, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Elneny

Subs: Ospina, Mertesacker, Wilshere, Ozil, Giroud, Walcott, Maitland-Niles

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 11:55 by Padre Pio.

Re: Match Thread Ozil on Bench
Posted by: tigerline (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 18:09

Will it be Ramsey at forward with Elneny in midfield?

Is Iwobi injured?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/09/2017 18:10 by tigerline.

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 18:46

We'll smash these I think. I was very excited about a 4-1 bet and Ramsey 1st goal in separate bets, but the system was down in the bookies. I think De Times cleaned them out over the weekend actually and they're just saying that.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:09

Lucky no penalty given

A shadow of what we were

Posted by: Sanogone (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:13

Cech saved Mustafi

Date: 25 September, 2017 19:38

Monreal turns into superman to clear the ball off the line.
We can't defend to save our lives.

Posted by: Kalela (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:43

That midfield 3 of Elneny, Xhaka and Ramsey are so full of errors. It is difficult to tell if Xhaka is on the pitch or not. That is how useless he is in this game.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:46

Horrifying how easy it is for West Brom to create chances.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:51

I can't be arsed to watch the second half it's atrocious anyone who thinks Wenger knows should be sectioned.

A shadow of what we were

Posted by: hahanice (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 20:02

i actually thought we were exciting to watch at times. looked like we wanted to go forward, which given all the backwards and sideways passing weve been getting used to, is nice.

they are carving us up a bit though. hopefully we can get ourselves in shape defensively while keeping the forward momentum going.

refs not calling anything btw. we should have had 2 pens to their 1

Posted by: Goofle (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 20:02

We are so bad lol

Date: 25 September, 2017 20:32

good penalty by lacazette. struck hard and in the corner.

well won by Ramsey. commentators seem split as to whether it was a pen, but that was clear as day to me.

alexis hasnt been great for me. seems to want to showboat more than do anything of use. playing keepy uppy losing the ball.

and who is this Ozil guy, and what does he do?

Date: 25 September, 2017 20:51

lol @ Ozil.

we go on the counter, and i see ramsey jogging up, so i think well its the 90th and hes worked his socks off.

Giroud plays a ball through to ozil which looks like a 50/50 footrace, and he jogs after it. i suddently realize he just got on and has no reason to be jogging.

Date: 25 September, 2017 21:21

Monreal was ace tonight.

Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 08:38

I only saw the last 15 minute of the match. My whole neighbourhood had a power failure and only come back on after a few hours.

The only significant thing I got to see was Ainsley coming on with 10 seconds off injury time to go and the ref blowing the whistle without him kicking the ball.

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 10:50

Pointless substitution, although I doubt he'll mind as he probably picked up an extra £5k appearance bonus for that 10 second cameo.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 11:51

The most pointless substitution was Maitland Niles, he got 10 seconds on the pitch

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net