Another 3 years of Mesut Ozil?
Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 20:49

Ozil wants to play another 2-3 years in the Premier League,” Sogut said.
“Talks with Arsenal are ongoing regarding a new deal, what I can say right now is that negotiations are going well.”

[turkish-football.com]

Either he can't find a marquee club willing to pay his salary demand or he really loves London and can work only with Arsene Wenger?

Which manager will indulge in Ozil and turns a blind eye to his antics on the pitch?
- no fighting spirit and whole-hearted commitment on the pitch;
- just stand still after losing the ball;
- went missing most of the time on the pitch;
- unable to gel with team-mates and read the runs of his team-mates?

Re: Another 3 years of Mesut Ozil?
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 21:21

Mesut Ozil remains open to staying at Arsenal but is keeping all options on the table as the club have yet to re-open contract talks with the playmaker, a source told ESPN FC.

Ozil and fellow star Alexis Sanchez could both leave the club on free transfers next summer when their current deals expire, with negotiations having been shelved this spring amid the uncertainty surrounding Arsene Wenger's future.

Those negotiations have yet to resume, and a source says that Turkish reports claiming Arsenal had held "positive" talks with Ozil's agent were incorrect.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Posted by: sinpa01 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 21:38

I would say don't let the door HIT you on your way out!!!

Posted by: hahanice (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2017 03:22

I dunt even think a club like Everton would take him. He's probably got no offers

Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 05:28

WHO HERE IS EQUALLY AS FED-UP ABOUT THE MEZUT OZIL CONTRACT SAGA AS I AM??

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 08:39

Me get shot.

A shadow of what we were

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 10:01

I'm sure he will end up at Bayern Munich. Good player but mismanaged by Wenger who has overindulged him.

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 18:51

I wouldn't point the finger at Wenger. Well, I blame him for signing him in the first place, but the truth is that there's no football manager on earth who would have got the absolute best out of Ozil. Not one swinging dick.

Ferguson? He wouldn't have lasted a season. Genuinely. Ancelotti? Sold him. Mourinho? Savaged him during a one-sided dressing room confrontation - supposedly - and that was that for him. He doesn't work hard enough off the ball to be successful under Klopp or Guardiola. Ozil doesn't give 100%.

Has Wenger enabled him? Absolutely, but the fact that there's a habit to enable would suggest that his issues pre-date his arrival here.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 18:57

Ozil is not even the same player that came to us. In his first season he didn't miss many chances to play the final ball but since last season he had missed many ready balls by his standards. His time here is up

Posted by: Sanogone (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 19:36

We want to keep players like ozil.
In the 4 seasons he has given us 2 have been very impressive and the others just ok.
He has the quality, and hopefully jack Wilshire can push him into consistency.

Posted by: Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2017 18:37

Ozil is surpringsly fantastic in Fifa 18 and has already scored 12 goals in 20 matches and 90% of Lacazette's goals are assisted by Ozil.

However I don't like Ozil that much in real life anymore, so I am planning on replacing Ozil with Dybala in FIFA 18 and will sell Ozil in FM 18.

I couldn't care less if Ozil leaves us. In fact I would be more bothered if he stays.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Posted by: younghansolo (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2017 18:41

For me he's worse than any of the judas players gone before. He is stealing from the club absolutely stealing.

Get rid in jan, if nobody will pay let him go for nothing just to get his extortiante wages off our books.

The fact that wilshere may leave because he can't get games and yet ozil is still playing is unforgivable

Posted by: grayfox1 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2017 18:51

Quote:
younghansolo

The fact that wilshere may leave because he can't get games and yet ozil is still playing is unforgivable

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2017 18:54

Ozil is just one of many problems at the club.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net