Wenger out?
Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 26 December, 2017 07:29

I wish he left last year but he didn't. But i kept maintaining we have a decent squad and we have under achieved in few the past 3 years with the squad we have.

I ve been watching the other teams around us and also other leagues more recently.

I couldn't have been more wrong. We have an awful squad with a lot of players that are decent at one thing but completely below average at others which makes them overall below average and not decent like i used to think.

8/9 players in the first team have an awful first touch under pressure. First touch is not just about stopping tht ball dead but actually stopping it in a way that you can quickly use it.

The weight and direction of the passes are horrible at times, with the receiver having to check back or run front to retrieve.

Basics like backing off when defending, interceptions are missing but that is more about personnel.

Me and my brother were discussing earlier how lacazette doesn't make runs in the channel as much as even giroud so is actually a lot slower.

Against Liverpool i saw during game stoppage that wenger was actually showing lacazette asking him to run in the channels with laca saying something like "run to the sides? Ok".
Still saw no evidence of him actually doing it in the match afterwards.

We always talks about brainless theo having learned nothing.

To me it looks like the players can't follow basic instructions and are missing basics like first touch, passing, vision which can't be taught at this level.

We don't just need wenger gone, we need to wipe almost the entire squad out.
They are no where close to what a top 4 team should have. That includes even the guys most consider decent players like wilshere, ramsey, sanchez.

Even defenders of great teams like real and barca like roberto, alaba, casamero/marcello make better passes consistently than our CMs. I'm not even going to go to sead, xhaka, bellerin, welbeck who we don't consider good passers anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/12/2017 07:34 by CazOnARola.

Re: Wenger out?
Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 26 December, 2017 10:17

Yes please

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 26 December, 2017 19:07

Definitely

Under new managment

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 26 December, 2017 21:45

Adieu.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 December, 2017 00:00

- one-touch one-pass breathing taking football;
- pass and move;
- telegraphic understanding that ball is delivered to you when you run into space;
- playing head up and thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead of opponent;
- scanning the pitch always and spot a passing channel split-second before opponent;
- peripheral vision;
- positional awareness;
- tactical awareness;

We are talking about the French Spine and the 2007/08 team.

After 2007/08, Arsene Wenger's teams when belly up simply due to his horrendous transfer policy and obsession to build a British Core.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 27 December, 2017 04:56

I think our scouting failed as big time. We have been buying players with poor technique/vision/shooting/tackling for years.
Some of the players are average at all of those while some are good at one and not the others.

Other teams have been able to find young talent. Our scouting is a big problem. The entire hierarchy needs to go from head to toe starting with wenger. No bould, no wenger, no oldies, hopefully some dinosaurs on the board as well

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 December, 2017 22:04

Quote:
CazOnARola
I think our scouting failed as big time. We have been buying players with poor technique/vision/shooting/tackling for years.
Some of the players are average at all of those while some are good at one and not the others.

Other teams have been able to find young talent. Our scouting is a big problem. The entire hierarchy needs to go from head to toe starting with wenger. No bould, no wenger, no oldies, hopefully some dinosaurs on the board as well

He never got out of his rut of budget constraints during Emirates construction period from 2003/04 to 2012/13.
Plus there is no one with balls in the Board of Director to stop him from his obsession to be proven right in his Ajax Model of Team Building" with his Brit Pack 1.0.

Of course, Silent Stan will not stop him as his Executive Vice-President (Football Operations) is growing his gross profits by average of 50-mil per annum without really growing the commercial business which is a failure under Gazidis.

Before Wenger is axed, Gazidis will be the first to go for failing to grow commercial businesses at the same pace as ManU, Liverpool, Man City and Chelski.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Posted by: De Times (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2017 10:28

Quote:
Merlion96
- one-touch one-pass breathing taking football;
- pass and move;
- telegraphic understanding that ball is delivered to you when you run into space;
- playing head up and thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead of opponent;
- scanning the pitch always and spot a passing channel split-second before opponent;
- peripheral vision;
- positional awareness;
- tactical awareness;

We are talking about the French Spine and the 2007/08 team.

After 2007/08, Arsene Wenger's teams when belly up simply due to his horrendous transfer policy and obsession to build a British Core.
The long injury crises has affected the type of players we go for in recent times. We changed our transfer policy, especially in terms of type of players we sign, from the season Fabregas and Nasri left us in the same window.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2017 22:11

Eh?

Wenger out and take De Times with you

Posted by: Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 01:24

DT is a Spud

Wenger please pretty please leave the club maybe retire and chill out become a pundit or an author football has left you behind if you care about arsenal do not allow us to fall any further behind and do the honourable thing and call it a day.

Thanks for the earlier memories

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net