Current Page: 1 of 2
Reiss Nelson
Posted by: sinpa01 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2018 17:09

Looks like another prospect wanting to leave due to the lack of playing min to break into the first team.

Marcus McGuane he left due to the same reason. There has to be a balance and a good manager should have the ability to bring in youngsters at the right time. Game Management just like pep and mourinho do on a constant basis. Even if they have ton of money to go out and buy!

So what's up with Wenger? Guy is really hurting our club!

Re: Reiss Nelson
Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2018 23:42

He's a nothing player and will never make it.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 00:32

Quote:
Gunnersingh1
He's a nothing player and will never make it.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Posted by: Kalela (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 02:21

What bothers me more than the lack of playing time is how every youngster is played out of position when they are given a chance. Nelson, a very good winger, is always played as a left wing back or a full back by Wenger. Very annoying.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 07:52

That's the bit that I find laughable, promising youngsters are played out of position when given a chance in the senior team and somehow we can decide they're s.hit on the back of it.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posted by: younghansolo (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 12:15

is he definitely leaving?

Posted by: Goofle (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 13:18

Who gives a f*ck?

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 15:49

Quote:
Goofle
Who gives a f*ck?

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2018 23:20

Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Goofle
Who gives a f*ck?

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2018 03:10

Quote:
Kalela
What bothers me more than the lack of playing time is how every youngster is played out of position when they are given a chance. Nelson, a very good winger, is always played as a left wing back or a full back by Wenger. Very annoying.

Not the case with Reiss Nelson or also Willock, they have always been played in attacking midfield/wide midfield positions. Yes, some young ones are played out of position over the years like Maitland Niles and the Ox recently, but due to the team being congested in certain positions, its better than them not playing at all.

Reiss Nelson and Willock have been given chances in their preferred positions, but I don't think any of them have done a "Rooney at 16". They are still far from first team quality. Even Iwobi is still far from first team quality, yet he plays all the time. God knows why.

If Reiss wants to leave, then its really too bad. But the club can't be held ransom. Even Bendtner at 19 believed he should be playing ahead of RvP and Adebayor. No one is above the club. If you are good enough, you will play. You want to play, prove that you deserve it. that means, put in performances better than Ozil, Iwobi, Mhki. Its that simple.

Date: 20 March, 2018 09:52

If I'm any player at the club and watching Iwobi run around in my position like a headless chicken week after week ahead of me, I'd be p*ssed off too.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Date: 21 March, 2018 04:45

Quote:
BootyDaddy
If I'm any player at the club and watching Iwobi run around in my position like a headless chicken week after week ahead of me, I'd be p*ssed off too.

The only reason I can think off why Iwobi plays all the time is Wenger wanting to prove a point, whatever it is.

Is Iwobi that much better than Walcott, who while inconsistent is more of a goal threat?

Date: 21 March, 2018 09:20

Iwobi isn't fit to wipe Walcott's butt cheeks and that's seriously saying something.

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2018 12:10

Surely Theo is capable of wiping his own bottom

Date: 21 March, 2018 15:21

You never know, in 12 years he wasn't capable of staying onside.

Date: 22 March, 2018 02:27

Walcott contributed more goals and assist in a season on average than Iwobi has in the few seasons that Iwobi has played. And mind you, Iwobi gets his lion share of the games, even last season when Theo hardly got a game.

I believe that Wenger believed that Theo while is a good player wouldn't have gotten any better than what he currently was, and Iwobi can be developed so much more. So he prioritise the now for the future. Thats silly cos Iwobi might turn out to be another failed youth development project like so many other we had before.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2018 04:37

Iwobi had better ball control and plays better on the half turn. Wenger thinks that other things like goal scoring, decision making and defensive contributions can be developed with experience.

This is not always true, but like litmus says, the ceiling is higher.

Theo when he came about also was a in a similar situation. Great place, decent first touch en if not the best and good shooting abilities for his age.

But he never really added up that much and lost a bit of peace after his knee injury.

Iwobi is going the same way with his development stagnant or maybe he has reached his ceiling like walcott did

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2018 10:49 by CazOnARola.

Date: 22 March, 2018 10:25

Quote:
litmus
Walcott contributed more goals and assist in a season on average than Iwobi has in the few seasons that Iwobi has played. And mind you, Iwobi gets his lion share of the games, even last season when Theo hardly got a game.
I believe that Wenger believed that Theo while is a good player wouldn't have gotten any better than what he currently was, and Iwobi can be developed so much more. So he prioritise the now for the future. Thats silly cos Iwobi might turn out to be another failed youth development project like so many other we had before.

Iwobi is another failed youth development because he's a nearly 22 year old senior player now .... and absolutely s.hit.

If Wenger really believes he'll make a top player (f.uck knows why) then he should have sent him out on loan rather than persisting with him running around like a pub player in our first team.

Posted by: Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2018 19:17

Iwobi at 22 has his best years ahead of him. A lot of knee jerk reactions here.

He is by no means ready to be a starter for a top 4 club but definitely a good squad player who will improve

Date: 23 March, 2018 08:21

Quote:
Gunners R Us
Iwobi at 22 has his best years ahead of him. A lot of knee jerk reactions here.
He is by no means ready to be a starter for a top 4 club but definitely a good squad player who will improve

ok then, why does he get a first team player status then? He doesn't deserve any more gametime compared to Adelaide for example.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net