Current Page: 1 of 2
Match against Wolves - who will dodge the silver bullet?
Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 02:04

Wake over.
let's move on to this weekend game.

Wolves is doing a "Leicester City" shocking all the teams with their slick brand of Continental Football, quick-passing, highly technical Portuguese player and one slick playmaker pulling all the strings. As if they all morphed into werewolves playing out of their skins.

Wolves is one of those teams that got the tactics to out-pass and out-press Arsenal FC, like what Sporting Lisbon shown them how to hold and frustrated Arsenal FC.

Their Portuguese coaches should be taken voluminous notes and videos on all the weakness and flaws that Unai Emery's team bare-all for them to explore last night.

DO what like Coate, Mattieu, Luiz and Gaspar did … just hacked down Arsenal players and take one for the team when Arsenal broke through. Remain compact and stop all crosses from the flanks and put enough bodies in the box to close off all passing channels.

Just shepherd Arsenal players to the flanks and keep them there as they cannot cross the ball accurately to save their lives.

Pray Iwobi will be playing and let him play keep-ball but out of the box, knowing that his desperate final ball is a ball to nowhere.

But the "Force" is with us in Bellerin, Ozil, Xhaka and Torreira; and a "silver bullet" in Lacazette having his best form and just needed a split-second of an opening to shoot accurately on target, unlike AUbameyang.

People, our larder is empty now and that is all the quality we have to last us till January Transfer Window where we urgently needed to buy a cnetral midfielder and most urgently, a left winger to takeover from an inconsistent Iwobi and a declingin Mkhitaryan, who seem more and more out of place in our high-tempo, high-pressing game.
SHouldn't be a problem with him after Klopp gegenpressing style, and I can only see that Mkhitaryan lacks match-fitness and sharpness to regain his Dortmund form.

................................ Leno

... Bellerin ... Mustafi ... Sokratis ... Kolasinac

..............Torreira ................... Xhaka

... Aubameyang ........ Ozil ............ Iwobi

.....................……. Lacazette

The team select itself and will Mkhitaryan in such an awful form, Iwobi just walks into the team without competition.

The worst option is to field Ramsey as No. 10 and moves Ozil to left wing in place of Iwobi.

The other option to counter the quick-passing game of those Portugese player sin Wolves, Emery may want to dominate midfield and starve of possession like what we did against Liverpool to render them toothless.
Then, Guendouzi-Torreira is our silver bullet to dominate midfield and to break up plays and render those Wolves toothless in attack.

................................ Leno

... Bellerin ... Mustafi ... Sokratis ... Kolasinac

..............Torreira ... Xhaka ... Guendouzi

... Aubameyang … Lacazette..... Ozil

4-3-3 as played by Guardiola will nicely counter Wolves quick-passing and high tempo game where winning the battle in the middle is vital and to prevent Wolves from feeding the balls to their pacy and skillful players attacking down the flanks.

'Most owners take out of the club and Vichai just put in. Without him, we would not have won the Premier League. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.' Danny Barry, a Leicester City fan for 64 years.

Re: Match against Wolves - who will dodge the silver bullet?
Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 01:52

It's November and time for Emery to field a settled First-11.

Love to see we emulate the French Spine that after 20-minutes, we are 3-0 up with opponents now fear to walk into Emirates, always thinking not to win but how to keep the score down.

'Most owners take out of the club and Vichai just put in. Without him, we would not have won the Premier League. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.' Danny Barry, a Leicester City fan for 64 years.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 02:16

Lacazette ozil and Torrerira were rested, we will kill the game of by 70 min mark

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 16:43

Lackluster start, lackluster pass for Xhaka, one nil down

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 16:47

F*cking Xhaka.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Posted by: Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 16:58

Can't find a stream but have a feeling today is when our luck runs out. Wolves play with no fear. I hope i'm wrong.

Date: 11 November, 2018 16:58

We need to start playing and soon

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:02

How shite are we.

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:13

Quote:
Boston Gooner
How shite are we.
Very! Wolves are by far the better team.

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:14

Quote:
Gooner Sod
Can't find a stream but have a feeling today is when our luck runs out. Wolves play with no fear. I hope i'm wrong.
Try Reddit, very few streams today, probably because of the Manchester Derby.

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 17:15

Aubameyang and lacazette are embarrassing. No effort at all. Take them both off at half time.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 17:15

Can't keep putting in average performances and expect to scrape wins

A shadow of what we were

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:19

Unai Emery is probably preparing to get stuck into his team at the break. This has been one of their worst halves for a while.

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:20

Unai Emery is probably preparing to get stuck into his team at the break. This has been one of their worst halves for a while.

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:20

Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Gooner Sod

The way we're playing, it's not worth bothering when i can watch the Derby on TV.

All the praise this team is getting and the likes of Spurs quietly winning narrowly and will be 4pts clear if it stays like this...

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2018 17:25

Looks like guendouzi is coming on at half time.

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:35

Arsenal and Cardiff are the only two teams not to have been ahead at half-time in any of their 12 Premier League matches so far this season

Date: 11 November, 2018 17:44

How can we be so good against Liverpool and be so bad against Wolves.

Date: 11 November, 2018 18:23

That's 3 draws in a row in the league. Arguably should have lost all 3. Honeymoon period is over! Need to improve first half displays or we'll be sliding down the league.

Date: 11 November, 2018 18:38

Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Gooner Sod

The way we're playing, it's not worth bothering when i can watch the Derby on TV.

All the praise this team is getting and the likes of Spurs quietly winning narrowly and will be 4pts clear if it stays like this...
You did the right thing.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net