Current Page: 1 of 7
Transfer summary
Posted by: djarse (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 11:32

I have no inside info from the club, but if the press is to be believed (ha ha!) this seems to be the most convincing summary:

Martinelli - top prospect, 18 year old Brazilian wide forward - confirmed

Everton Soares - [en.wikipedia.org] 23 year old forward - recently Man of the Match and Golden Boot winner in the Copa America - permanent deal apparently agreed - medical being arranged

Dani Ceballos - [en.wikipedia.org] Real Madrid 22 year old central midfielder - recently played in Spanish team that won under-21 European championship. Likely to be a loan - may or may not include an option to buy.

Kieran Tierney - [en.wikipedia.org] High quality Celtic left back though has had lots of injuries. 22 year old. Two bids rejected but looks like eventually we bid enough and get him permanently.

William Saliba - [en.wikipedia.org] 18 year old St Etienne - hot prospect centre back. We are competing with Spurs for him but he will go back on loan for next season to St Etienne. Palyer apparently prefers us to Spurs (I like him already)

No serious news yet on these gaps

* No central defender that can slot in immediately next season - surely the biggest remaining gap

* No second choice goalkeeper

These guys have come back from loan

Chambers, Asano, Nwakali,

Seems like we are promoting these to the first team:

Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Willock

We have offloaded already:

Ospina, Cech, Lichsteiner, Pleguezuelo, Bramall, Gilmour, Suarez, Wellbeck, Ramsey

We seem to be trying to offload

Jenkinson, Elneny, Mustafi, Ozil, Koscielny, Bielik

These guys have gone out on loan:

Iliev, Osei-Tutu, Ballard, Sheaf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2019 12:28 by Padre Pio.

Re: Transfer summary
Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 12:08

A first choice left back, first choice midfielder and first choice winger, along with a forward/ winger and CB for the future, would be a much better window than we could've hoped for, but I think it would be a big mistake if we didn't sign add a better CB for the here and now.

Date: 17 July, 2019 13:15

Agreed Matty

What I like about those we are most associated with above is that they are all relatively young - two are 18, two are 22 and one 23 (these last 3 are though proven at a senior level to be high quality)

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 17:11

Claims doing rounds that Saliba has signed with the rediculous 1 year loan back

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 17:52

More rumours that Saliba is on and also Cellabos to Arsenal Sky

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Date: 17 July, 2019 18:20

Quote:
djarse
Agreed Matty
What I like about those we are most associated with above is that they are all relatively young - two are 18, two are 22 and one 23 (these last 3 are though proven at a senior level to be high quality)

Yeah lowering the average age of the squad is important, as well as the wage bill.

Concern is the lack of outgoing rumours. Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac, Jenkinson, Elneny, Mkhitaryan and Ozil all need to go. Will be hard to find takers for some of them as they're either declining and/ or earning far beyond their ability.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 20:08

Id be happy with the above mixed with our own young players and experience we have.

Under new managment

Posted by: tigerline (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 21:58

Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
djarse
Agreed Matty

Yeah lowering the average age of the squad is important, as well as the wage bill.

Concern is the lack of outgoing rumours. Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac, Jenkinson, Elneny, Mkhitaryan and Ozil all need to go. Will be hard to find takers for some of them as they're either declining and/ or earning far beyond their ability.

I would keep Monreal for one year ... as for the rest? GET RID!

Posted by: Kalela (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2019 07:16

Quote:
Padre Pio
More rumours that Saliba is on and also Cellabos to Arsenal Sky

Dani Ceballos would be a good signing. Very good engine and technically gifted. He is the kind of player Arsenal needs on the wings or in midfield. Hopefully there is an option to buy him at the end of the loan.

Date: 21 July, 2019 18:37

Looking increasingly likely that Saliba, Tierney & Ceballos will happen.

Not so much noise about Soares as a few days back

And only vague rumours of various centre backs......

Date: 22 July, 2019 12:55

If the Metro is to be believed, it looks like the Zaha chase is on again.

This time it involves loaning Reiss Nelson and selling Jenkinson to Palace:

[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

Posted by: tigerline (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2019 14:47

At least it seems that we are trying to upgrade in this market and are willing to go beyond our assumed cap on spending.

Encouraging, if true.

Date: 23 July, 2019 06:35

Emery says he'll use Ceballos as an #8 or a #10.

Great didn't want to see him out wide.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2019 10:34

Out wide it will be auba/iwobi/nelson/ sako. I'm not sure if we are after zaha. If we are, then who is being sold to fund that?

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2019 12:36

Quote:
CazOnARola
Out wide it will be auba/iwobi/nelson/ sako. I'm not sure if we are after zaha. If we are, then who is being sold to fund that?

Plus Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Martinelli.

Although I think a winger like Zaha or Everton would be a great addition, I'm happy to trust in those young players and spend the money on a centre back.

Date: 24 July, 2019 08:22

Yep a bigger hole lies in the centre back and DM positions. I dont see ceballos as an 8. He's to attack minded from whatever I've seen from him. Maybe a long term nos 10 to replace ozil and mkhitaryan.

Date: 25 July, 2019 14:54

Ceballos confirmed as joining on loan: [www.arsenal.com]

Date: 25 July, 2019 15:55

Great

Date: 25 July, 2019 17:07

Saliba has been confirmed as well. Good day.

Date: 25 July, 2019 17:08

Current Page: 1 of 7
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net