Current Page: 1 of 3
EIE HERD
Posted by: MuslimGooner786 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2007 20:39

Hi Guys,

Can any fellow Gooner tell me what "EIE = Every Idiot Enjoys, Herd = Herberts Ever Ready Doughnuts" Means? I know it's our football firm...but haven't got a clue where the name came from...

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2007 00:56 by MuslimGooner786.

Re: EIE HERD
Posted by: Simon68 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2007 11:16

It was apparently said by a Gooner when another teams "firm" was coming towards them. The Gooner, as the story goes, had a mouthful of pie or something at the time and he was trying to say "here they are" but it came out sounding like "E.I.E" instead.

That's what it says on The Herd website.

Posted by: jonmatthews (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 14:09

See that you claim to be a Gooner, clearly you dont know where that name comes from either. Well i can tell you one thing, you are not a Gooner

The Herd fyo are REAL Arsenal supporters

Posted by: Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 14:16

That is very harsh jonmatthews. Just because someone doen't know what EIE HERD means doesn't mean he/she is not a true gooner.

As long a person loves Arsenal with all thier heart trough thick and thin and always supports AFC then that person is a true gooner, whether that person knows all aspects of AFC history or lives in a different country is irrelevant.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Posted by: Rockstaar (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 14:18

Quote:
jonmatthews said
See that you claim to be a Gooner, clearly you dont know where that name comes from either. Well i can tell you one thing, you are not a Gooner

what the h.ell are u babbling about?

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8549/arsenalchelss3.jpg

Posted by: AFC (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 14:19

I agree, i didn't even know what it meant either.

Thanks for clearing that up Simon.

- aKa Princess of Highbury 1913-2006

http://userbars.us/data/media/14/arsenal.gif http://i39.tinypic.com/2rxwf9v.jpg

Arsene - "Players at any club say they want to sign big names but never say they need someone in their position."

Date: 21 March, 2008 14:27

Not the point. It makes no odds if he knows what The Herd or EIE means. No reason why he should know. the point is why is he chosen to try and be funny about The Herd with his stupid acronym when he knows nothing about them.

Date: 21 March, 2008 14:30

Quote:
Rockstaar
Quote:
jonmatthews said

what the h.ell are u babbling about?

Seems that he is not alone

Posted by: Rockstaar (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 14:33

No, John I meant WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT, as far as how u chose to respond to his post

Posted by: shak (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 15:54

Matthews, mate, calm down.

Although you're right, there is no reason for the original poster to be funny about the name but just because someone isn't a member of the Herd doesn't mean he isn't a REAL fan.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 16:07

Jonmatthews what does phuckoff mean you troll? Dont know? You`re a spud . Now phuckoff.

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 16:52

As far as i'm concerned, firms are football fans who have extra curricular activities like fighting too. That isn't part of my love of FOOTBALL. I support my team against anyone. Doesn't mean i need to kick any heads in. I have respect for the firms as they are as diee-hard as they come, but that's not to say no-one outside the firm can love or support their team every bit as much.

Posted by: ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 16:56

jonmatthews(Sm22)

are you 10 years old??? you sure are acting as one

and we have a shitty firm, you are in a shitty firm, people who are in firms usually are in it because of the idea of figthing the opposition fans

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 17:03

Look like to become a gooner is like being a Muslim.

if you can afford it, all devout Muslim must make a trip to Mecca within his lifetime.

Then, as Emirates is "Mecca" to all Islington-borned gooners, and Chapman its Prophet, all other converted "gooners" must make at least ONE PRILGRIMAGE to "Mecca" else will never be considered "gooner".

I think an infidel like me better start cancelling my Arsenal subscription, my mementos, books, etc as an offering to Prophet Chapman for not being devoted enough to know what E.I.E. meant.

being a druid is more fun.

Date: 21 March, 2008 17:17

Quote:
weedz
Jonmatthews what does phuckoff mean you troll? Dont know? You`re a spud . Now phuckoff.

seems like your name sums you up nicely

Date: 21 March, 2008 17:24

Quote:
ArsenalForever
jonmatthews(Sm22)
are you 10 years old??? you sure are acting as one

and we have a shitty firm, you are in a shitty firm, people who are in firms usually are in it because of the idea of figthing the opposition fans

did I say I was in a firm?

I may be ten years old but I can string a sentance together

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 17:30

if you are 10 years old, then it's a good time to point out that there's more to life than fighting........
football for one.
Get yourself on the right path, and stop bigging up the 'firms'.

Date: 21 March, 2008 17:30

Quote:
Rockstaar
No, John I meant WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT, as far as how u chose to respond to his post

Anyone who knows where the term Gooner comes from will also know it is stupid to mock the term 'The Herd' and at the same time call yourself a Gooner

Posted by: Gooner_Sans (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2008 18:19

jonmatthews what's your problem, either you've just got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning or something's bugging you.

Simon tried to answer the lad's question, and clearly states that he obtained it off of a website. What's wrong with that ?

Date: 21 March, 2008 18:58

Quote:
weedz

No I give up, been trying for hours but I can't find out what phuckoff means. I don't think it's a proper word.

Should I ask my teacher on Tuesday

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net