Current Page: 1 of 2
The real Aldo
Posted by: big mustafa (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2012 17:02

Re: The real Aldo
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2012 17:25

Extraordinary and it's extremely disasapointing to read that, that Aldo was as bad as he's made out to be.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2012 18:18

Over the years theres been lots of stories come out Prenton Park about Aldo and his temper.

I don't think Perry's case is unique, however I do think it was the worst.

Aldo was a great player but had no man management skills at all.

He was obviously out of his depth managing and it appears that the further down the table the club slipped the more he took it out on players and staff.

You can see why hes not gone elsewhere as a manager.

Such a shame about young Taylor though, I heard great things about him, then never got to see him develop.

Posted by: Carnal (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2012 19:00

He's not a nice fellow, Aldridge.

This article should be reposted whenever someone is condemning a player for putting his career first and moving to another club, for whatever their reasons may be.

It's a sad story and I hope that he succeeds his chosen career.

Posted by: The Ghost (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2012 20:11

Feel like I've lost a family member having read that!

I love John Aldridge to bits and he is without a doubt my favourite player of all time. I will still respect his footballing achievements, however, I now think he's a c**t of a man. The PFA should be bloody ashamed of themselves too.

People are different and respond to things differently, as Ian Joy pointed out with his thick skinned comment. The sign of a good manager, in any walk of life, is being flexible and able to adapt to the needs, wants and sensitivities of others. Aldo unfortunately didn't have that tool in his locker.

The world, its cultures and societies, are always evolving. Unfortunately, there are always people in positions that they're not prepared for, sitting stagnant and not evolving at the same rate.

Posted by: ste24yearsafan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2012 10:21

Call me a sentimental old fool, but I would have him back tomorrow. Aldo is king (second to Johnny King of course)

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2012 12:18

Aldo as a player yes in his playing days, wouldnt as a manager.

Posted by: Matty_1985 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2012 15:08

Tranmere Rovers and the PFA should be ashamed of themselves. Also the likes of Kevin Sheedy and the staff who sat by and 'shied away' should take a long hard look in the mirror too. To standby and let this happen is disgusting. I am seriously @#$%& off with this. John Aldridge sounds like an absolute c**t. In any other profession he would have been sacked for treating an employer like this. No wonder he hasn't had another job in management. Stick to what you're best at i.e. talking s***e on Radio City. What a @#$%& bag.

Posted by: Journeyman79 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2012 17:42

He is no longer a hero of mine. Disgrace to our club, and should be stripped of any acrimony he's recieved at our club. Always suspected something wasn't right about the man, and to read this is shocking.

I actually read this last night and held off replying to it, but the time hasn't done anything to make me think any different about him. Disgraceful.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2012 17:48

I believe his Missus is a bit of a shobgite too?

My mate used to work the doors over in Liverpool City Centre and he was telling me that she's always kicking off and causing mayhem.

Looks like they were made for each other hey?

Posted by: sincethesummerof69 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2012 17:50

Changed my opinion of Aldridge this, what an 'orrible c**t!!!

Ian Joy went on to play for St PAuli in the German Bundesliga, some of their fans remembered hiom when I was over the a year or so ago

Posted by: Matty_1985 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2012 23:11

It will be interesting to see if any of the local, or indeed national rags pick up on this and if the club issue a statement about it, which I doubt they will.

Posted by: 19paulc79 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 07:20

Perry is a good friend of mine an the way he was treated by that @#$%& was nothing but a disgrace, he's still a great footballer and there's no doubt in my mind he would still walk into straight back into tranmeres first team

Date: 14 June, 2012 09:37

Having read the detail I suggest people acknowledge a degree of journalistic sensationalism, I take a lot of it as personal feelings and interpretation. As everyone worth their salt know's, there are obviously two sides to a story including this one. People who bear a grudge or feel they have been hard done to have a habit of over emphasising the points. People didn't like Aldo's approach as he was up front and told it as he saw it. In regards to Tranmere that was passion as opposed to so-called bullying. Players are very quick to take £2000 a week from the clubs kitty but shout sour grapes when they feel they have been hard done to.I'm sure the player would have left the club had someone offered him a better deal but the FACTS seem to suggest no other club were that interested in such a brilliant player.

Posted by: philg16 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 10:16

I'm not saying that Aldo is an angel, an the fact that he hasnt been back in football since he left us shows that something isnt right about him BUT just remember theres two sides to every story...

Posted by: kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 11:43

re.Aldo and the Worthington Cup Final...What puzzled me then and still does.....why after being largely responsible for getting us to Wembley was Jon Achteberge dropped for the young and inexperienced Joe Murphy? Can anyone throw some light on that.My friends and I were gobsmacked when we heard the team announcement.

Date: 14 June, 2012 12:09

I thought he injured his shoulder in training

Posted by: Mikey (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 14:39

Wasn't it to do with him stalling on not signing a new contract, or something?

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

Posted by: Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 16:07

Quote:
Mikey
Wasn't it to do with him stalling on not signing a new contract, or something?

From memory I think that's spot on Mikey yeah!

Deadly Submarine

"Tranmere will never be able to compete with Liverpool and Everton. They're like big liners like the Queen Mary, but I see Tranmere as a Deadly Submarine"

Posted by: paul byron (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 16:56

john achteberg was injured in tranmere,s last game before wembley at wolves on the week before if my memory is correct

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net