Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The real Aldo
Posted by: sincethesummerof69 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 17:23

I am sure there are 2 sides to this story but it is the first time that anything has hit print about Aldos supposed bullying and general obnoxious behaviour when he was managing.
There are many many stories that have kicked around for years about him at this time and they were not very nice.
I would not be surprised if we hear a few more now this is doing the rounds, some of those I have heard would make very good reading especially the way he treated back room staff.

Posted by: 19paulc79 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 18:43

Ref ste24yearsfan I suggest you acknowledge a degree of realism rather than journalistic sensationalism, just wondered if you would like to share the second side of the story with us all? But I don't think you will actually know any facts to this story

Posted by: mattyj (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2012 20:54

I was aware of aldos bullying of players due to his treatment of Alan Mahon. He was staying with someone I knew and after a stunning performance in a reserve game I saw his face first hand after a barrage of abuse from both aldo.AMD sheedy. Is it any wonder he left the club the way he did!

It makes me sad to read the article in the fact that we lost a potentially good player who could have gone on to be great. He basically ruined his career which is absolutely unforgivable. I'm sure it goes on at every level but it makes me angry that it went on at our club. Everyone at the club was culpable for me, no one helped him and no one stood up to Aldridge which again is unforgivable. The pfa should hang their heads in shame too, leaving a young lads career in the gutter is an absolute disgrace, they are not a professional body more an old boys club.

For those who say there are 2sides to every story, in this story I disagree. One lads career was ruined to the point of suicide, there is no.justification for that.

Posted by: ste24yearsafan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2012 09:02

19paul79, the issue for me is, that the article cannot be deemed as FACT its only one side of a story slanted in a particular way, has anybody established Ado's take on these so-called facts? I don't hear some of the more successful members of the team saying too much

Posted by: 19paulc79 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2012 09:10

ask Jason koumas Clint hill Richard hinds Alan Mahon Peter Rodgers Ian joy Danny coyne Gary jones John McMahon john mcgreal pat nevin joe Murphy there only a few who I guarantee will back Perry's claim up.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2012 09:44

If this article is there for the Public to openly access and read, then I'm pretty sure there is a strong element of truth in it?

The author is not going to risk a liable suit for printing fabricated lies is he?

There was certainly some form of bullying towards Perry Taylor going on, I remember his mother speaking to one of the National Newspapers years ago.

To what extent we will never know, however if it's in the Public Domain then you can only assume if was pretty bad?

There have been all sorts of rumours come out of Prenton Park about John Aldridge and his tantrems with players.

I thought he was an excellent footballer and he did a lot to put Tranmere on the map, however, his man management skills were seriously lacking.

Football is a team sport, and every player should be made to feel that he is contributing to the team whether hes in the first team or a YTS Player.

I'm sure Aldo has done a lot of things he now regrets,but somehow, I don't see him making a public apology to young Taylor any time soon.

Posted by: interested reader (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2012 17:27

I have just finished reading this article. To say is was harrowing is an understatement. I can only hope that this poor kid goes on to a career in coaching and goes to the top . Aldridge what a horrible horrible man god only knows how he sleeps at night. Good luck Perry Taylor you deserved better and what goes around comes around(Sm102)

Posted by: Sjb86 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2012 05:10

You should all have a look at perrys twitter page Paul Aldridge getting hi mates to abuse perry like father like son think the paper need to get hold of this Aldo has a lot of explaining to do

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2012 11:26

Paul ALdridge what a donkey he was, sorry off topic

Posted by: pc1968 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2012 20:38

where exactly is this article published ?

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2012 21:11

Read on Twitter that Aldo is suing???

Maybe this thread should be deleted to save us all being liabled? lol

Posted by: Kingsholm (Cherry and ) White (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 08:53

Speaking of Paul Aldridge, does anyone know what he's doing now? I presume someone does if he's on Twitter.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn81/tranmererovers_fan/gloucesterrugby.jpg

Posted by: Bolton Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 23:07

I've just read the article and agree with those who say there's another side to this story and we should t be so quick to condemn Aldridge on one persons account of what happened. Seems particularly unfair to say Aldridge was responsible for him trying to top himself.

Why didn't the PFA take his case up? Maybe when they looked into it it there wasn't much of a case to answer . If he was so good why did his career fizzle out so quickly afterwards? Maybe he did have a problem controlling his weight which is why he never achieved his potential and he was one of those kids who was gobby and didn't do what was asked of him leaving all of the coaching staff tearing their hair out.

I also agree Aldo talks sh**te in the radio and he tried everything to get his son in the team when it was clear to everyone he wasn't good enough.

Posted by: MalkinsKnobblyKnees (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2012 21:52

I bet you can find a story like this about everyone who's managed a professional football team. You can't read anything into the unproven comments of an aggrieved ex-player.
I spoke to Aldo a couple of times during payers' events in the Prentonian and he seemed like a decent (and surprisingly humble) bloke. You can't read anything into that either - maybe he was a complete c*nt in private.
The claim that the big newspapers didn't dare run the story seems incredibly dubious - surely it's more likely that when they looked for corroborating evidence they couldn't find any. Also, players who are overweight as teenagers need to start losing that extra weight because soon they are going to start getting slower and more injury-prone, no matter how zippy they where as a 16-year-old.

Posted by: Sjb86 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2012 17:22

All who think there are 2 sides to every story have a look at Ian Thomas moores twitter page he confirmed Aldo was a bully an has since been abused by friends of aldos son Paul

Posted by: Bolton Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2012 19:41

My best guess is Aldo could have been a bit of a @#$%& to some players, especially when he as under loads of pressure. Agree with those who said he couldnt man manage and could even agree that his judgement could have been clouded if there was competion with his son

However I also reckon this lad has a massive chip on his shoulder and some of his claims are exaggerated at best. The way the article started about him trying to top himself and then the implication it was all down to bullying from Aldo was distasteful.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net