BBC Radio Merseyside Sport
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2012 13:37

It` all ways nice to know we have BBC Radio Merseyside sports pages to look at, when you enter this sports web site and click
on Tranmere you get to the next page on this web site and the lead story is Swindon head to Hartlepool first ,click on this link and it goes on about Paolo Di Canio`s Swindon will start life in Division One after Promotion to Div 1 with a trip to Hartlepool ect ect,all this information is quite good if I am a Swindon fan but I am not I am a Tranmere fan and if I click on local sport page web site it would be nice if the story line was linked to Rovers first match of the season and of course during the story perhaps include some lines about other teams
opening games,Going down this line is like a Liverpool fan clicking on the Liverpool link and ending up reading about Arsenal with publicity like this from Radio Merseyside sports pages it does not help our cause.

I take some of this back having just noticed if you click on both Everton and Liverpool links they both lead into Manchester City leading story line but at least both are mentioned a bit more than we are in our respective link to the opening games,but I think it is still poor and could have been more localized..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/06/2012 13:52 by BELMONT.

Re: BBC Radio Merseyside Sport
Posted by: Croydonwhite (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 12:30

Belmont

The report you describe is the standard BBC sports feed for League 1. Reports on Tranmere usually only appear if something earth shattering (like a signing) occurs. The last Tranmere specific entry was Enoch's transfer to Notts County. The BBC has cut back on it's output therefore I believe you will find that regionalised sites with separate coverage went the same way as the 606 site.

Posted by: tea for two (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 15:38

i agree with belmont sorry guys but i think Tranmere should have more live games on the radio on a Saturday games on medium wave.its not all about Liverpool and Everton bigcats.i do think that tranmere should get more coverage on local tv stations they should get more mention then the likes of Rochdale bury wigan Blackburn Preston and so on.

Posted by: roverspup (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2012 06:55

ok guys i know that sometimes its flustrating that we dont get alot of coverage on radio or TV.

radio merseyside is the only station that does cover us, and as im in the know of what could be happening then i need your help even more.

as mentioned above massive cuts have happened at BBC, but there maybe even more coverage of our games next season, (this has been in talks since last year).

the likes of the phone in show on a monday night (total football) the show never gets anybody calling in to discuss the weekend games, the more people who call in then the show will know tranmere fans are listening,

so the job for this season is to help ourselves and get eveyone around to call in and discuss, the more this happens the more they will air Tranmere.

if you remember Radio City the so called northwest Sports leader not think Tranmere is in the northwest, they dont do anything tranmere and one of our so called Directors is a director at radio city,

but please Radio Merseyside needs YOU.

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2012 11:43

I always listen to radio merseyside on a saturday on way to games and on way home, it is a thousand times better for Tranmere coverage than City.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net