Akpa Akpro To Join Rovers
Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 12:36

Looks like a good signing.

What do you think?

Re: Akpa Akpro To Join Rovers
Posted by: Ricci (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 13:42

Mixed reviews from Rochdale fans. Seems to be a bit of an enigma, according to them. In the 'birlliant one minute, wayward the next mould'.

Still, if he is quick and mobile he could work well with Ben. His goalscoring record is not good but we cannot afford proven scorers so we have to hope we strike lucky. He has a cool name as well which goes in his favour.

Posted by: Jonny_rafc (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 14:04

Rochdale fan here, I rate Jean-Louis quite highly, he won't get you 20 goals a season but you've got a player who will bust a gut for the team. He isn't a great finisher but saying that he can finish, he is a menace when running at defenders and causes a lot of problems, if you can get the goals and consistency out of him you have a top quality league one player. Best of luck for the season

Posted by: Zander142 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 14:33

Spoke to a Rochdale fan and he said he could'nt hit a barn door to save his life

Posted by: jade-trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 14:37

i remember him causing alot of problems against us this season and he scored 8 which is more than anyone else in our squad last season so with the right service which we shown at the end of last we have got he could get a few goals for use im very optimistic about this signing

Posted by: tea for two (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 15:33

well i have never heard of him but like jade says lets give him a chance maybe ronnie will make a good player out of him.thats Ronnie's third signing of the summer.lets hope we can bring in a lot more.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2012 21:23

I reckon he's decent and aside from his scoring he could be someone that sets quite a few goals up, so unless he proves to be a damp squib, I'll keep my counsel on him for now and judge him more favourably than not.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 20 June, 2012 09:14

the way i look at it he scored more goals than anyone in our squad with a team that got relegated also a team that only managed 47 goals and he got 8 he played 3o matches with 11 games coming on as a sub so 8 goals is a fair amount

Posted by: PEZ (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2012 14:12

He might do a lot better playing in front of a decent midfield?

Maybe the reason he wasn't so prolific at Rochdale or Grimsby is because he wasn't getting a decent service from the midfield?

Hopefully we can put that right and he will go on to be a great signing?

He's very pacey and given the right service into the box he may come up trumps.

Just hope we can get Wallace to sign and maybe add a few more quality midfielders / wingers to provide those killer crosses for him to get on the end of!

Posted by: Bolton Rovef (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2012 17:09

Ronnie basically said we couldn't afford a proven goal scorer and the next best thing would be someone with pace. Hes found us that with Akpa Akpro. Well just have to wait and see- maybe Ronnie can get the best out of him.

Agreed about Wallace. If we sign him it could make a massive difference to our prospects next season.

Date: 20 June, 2012 20:43

some of the quality he has to offer

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Posted by: PEZ (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2012 09:32

He must be a half decent player because Rochdale were a bit upset about losing his services?

He didn't want to drop down a division so he obviously rates himself which is a good quality to have.A bit of self belief is good.

Let's just see who else comes in now and hopefully we can mount a decent challenge next campaign ???

Posted by: wallaseywhite (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2012 11:37

Just seen that Wolves have signed Nouble from West Ham. Does that open the way for a return of Jake Cassidy for a season long loan?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net