Current Page: 1 of 2
wats the problem with chester fans
Posted by: muir 184 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2015 11:09

lookin on there fan forum . they hate everythin about tranmere an us fans . not sure wye . have been to the deva a few times . but the way there goin will only go once this term . i hope we stuff em both games so we can give rn the'=#;[= back

Re: wats the problem with chester fans
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2015 11:32

Quote:
muir 184
lookin on there fan forum . they hate everythin about tranmere an us fans . not sure wye . have been to the deva a few times . but the way there goin will only go once this term . i hope we stuff em both games so we can give rn the'=#;[= back

Chester are they by tradition the old enemy after years of us being poles apart being as far as the Championship (Div 1) knocking on the Premiereship door whilst they slipped out the league and I for one enjoyed every moment of us looking down at Chester.

But now it's their turn to take the micky we've dropped like a stone in freefall our only hope we can leave this league at the end of the season ,by that the only way is up and for us not to join Stockport.

Of course the only other one on par with Chester as old foe's is Wrexham in recent years it's been Bolton and Oldham but those words of war(in the nicest waysmiling smiley)never had the same feelings as the old enemy trouble being now is we're in the same pond.

Posted by: Seniormoment (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2015 13:27

Those Chester fans with memories may recall watching us sing " Are you Chester in disguise?" as we were beating Everton 3-0 ....

That's why they are loving every minute of our fall from grace and the Police will undoubtedly make both games against Chester 'bubble matches".

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2015 20:17

Yes I had a look at their forum and did notice a certain amount of bitterness directed our way. Now why could that be ?. So here is my reply to that bitterness.

Dear jester supporters.

Whilst reading through numerous forums from our fellow conference competitors i noticed that your forum seems to have a certain amount of bitterness towards our great club. Now a lot of you state you remember when we used to apply for re election regularly before we were bailed out by the local council and Mr Peter Johnson. Well that would be once post war so your not off to a great start. Also our great club was helped by the local council in the form of a loan coupled with some great efforts by our supporters the club stayed alive and was not allowed to die like your former club. Also the loan from the council has of course been re paid and all other involvement between our club and the council has been purely sponsorship and was by all accounts beneficial to both parties. Now another thing I noticed was a lot of you mentioning how you remember us getting a little over 1000 fans through the turnstiles. I to remember this but it must be some 30 years ago now so them days are long gone as far as anyone under 35 is concerned we are club that can pull in around 4000-5000 even at our lowest ebb. And despite a lot of you stating we have found our level I think most people would agree we have moved on from 30 years ago and our level is easily league 1. We may struggle, we may continue to sink, we may even end up playing in something like that thing you lot call a football ground but we have certainly come a long way. I find more similarities with those you call the goats like us not a massive club by any stretch but has a special place in the local community and can if needed call on that community for help. Unlike your former club that was allowed to die.

So why all the bitterness?
Perhaps it's since the days you lot seem to remember we went on a little 'trip to the moon' it was around about the time you manager Harry McNally conceded that you lot couldn't live with us things really took off. Over them 30 years I've seen my club play at Wembley 8 times once in a major cup final. Some fantastic cup runs, the highlight for me being a league cup final and narrow semi final defeat to villa, a 3-0 win at woodison park and probably the best F.A. cup comeback of all time v Southampton. Promotions, sell out crowds of 15,000+ plus a host of internationals in our side which the peak of was watching our star striker Aldo scoring the goal that put his team into the next round of the World Cup. Also a nice new stadium which despite us Currently struggling has just had a shed load of work done and now boasts facilities that would blow most lower league clubs away. So Mr johnsons stopoed putting his hand in his pocket and we suffered years of budget cutting until he finally relinquished control to Mr patios luckily for us a football man and a Tranmere man. we have fell from grace but those memories are priceless, memories you lot do not have as your club never went on a 'trip to the moon' instead it was allowed to die and is no more.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2015 10:04 by 2 the moon.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2015 21:23

I've never been bothered by Chester and have always wanted them to do well. I suspect it may be a minority of people, because let's face it their forum is not going to get 1,000+ people using it, so the consensus by many on there may not represent the actual majority.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 23 July, 2015 22:05

Quote:
Matt34
I've never been bothered by Chester and have always wanted them to do well. I suspect it may be a minority of people, because let's face it their forum is not going to get 1,000+ people using it, so the consensus by many on there may not represent the actual majority.
nope it does. They're bitter

Posted by: lennyb1983 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 09:32

They can talk about a slippery slope

Their average attendances read like this: -

2011/2012 - 2,789
2012/2013 - 2,579
2013/2014 - 2,366
2014/2015 - 2,189

I have nothing against Chester other than a bit of local rivalry. The same way i feel about the Kopites and Bluenoses

But they seem to have this hatred for us for some reason.

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 12:51

Dont care about chester, wrexham, everton or liverpool.

Posted by: lennyb1983 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 12:56

Neither do i really, i am just looking forward to the season with a few local games thrown into the hat

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 14:41

I think as we such a BIG club in comparison to them, they have massive issues with our success. They like to think of us as a 4th div team with sub 2000 gates. They ignore all our success since the bad times of the 80's, and keep that period firmly in their minds. Their have been one or two moments of rivalry through the years. They recall us chanting "we will never play you again" during a pre-season friendly when we were in League 1 and they were just about to fold, and here we are in the same league as them, they are made up. But its basically because they are a Farmyard club, they have bails of hay for stands and sell local Milk at half time, and such they are terrified of our great big stadium and fierce fans. They don't even bring their sheep to the games purely down to fear of us taking them back with us to our Town and using them to feed our comparability massive fan base for an evening snack.

I mean they are based in a so called "City" and we get more through the gate at a pre-season friendly at Heswall... Cant wait for this season

Date: 24 July, 2015 14:59

Quote:
TranmereFan
I think as we such a BIG club in comparison to them, they have massive issues with our success. They like to think of us as a 4th div team with sub 2000 gates. They ignore all our success since the bad times of the 80's, and keep that period firmly in their minds. Their have been one or two moments of rivalry through the years. They recall us chanting "we will never play you again" during a pre-season friendly when we were in League 1 and they were just about to fold, and here we are in the same league as them, they are made up. But its basically because they are a Farmyard club, they have bails of hay for stands and sell local Milk at half time, and such they are terrified of 011674923000our great big stadium and fierce fans. They don't even bring their sheep to the games purely down to fear of us taking them back with us to our Town and using them to feed our comparability massive fan base for an evening snack.
I mean they are based in a so called "City" and we get more through the gate at a pre-season friendly at Heswall... Cant wait for this season
yep. A city that doesn't give a s#€r about them. They are a joke and I for one hope we pummel them home and away this season.

Posted by: muir 184 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 16:25

me too would be good . some of my freinds are city fans . an they cant understand there own fans eva . oh well wait an see

Posted by: newbrightonwhite (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 17:49

Let the team do the talking on the pitch. I was born in Chester but have no affection for them at all but no hatred either. Small team small crowds who cares.....

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 21:11

Quote:
lennyb1983
They can talk about a slippery slope
Their average attendances read like this: -

2011/2012 - 2,789
2012/2013 - 2,579
2013/2014 - 2,366
2014/2015 - 2,189

Whereas Tranmere's has dropped by around 55%-60% since the last Championship season, but on those stats theirs is around 20% lower, so they might still get one or two laughs out of the comparison

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: cobas (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2015 22:19

to the moon,
well said, hear hear.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2015 04:15

I've never forgiven them for Gary Bennett.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2015 07:51

2 the moon. spot on and agree totally. it is 40 years ago since the seals had anything like success. when they took on villa in the 1975 league cup semi. we have totally dominated them in the success department. hope we do em good and proper twice this season.

Date: 29 July, 2015 12:08

Quote:
hong kong rover
2 the moon. spot on and agree totally. it is 40 years ago since the seals had anything like success. when they took on villa in the 1975 league cup semi. we have totally dominated them in the success department. hope we do em good and proper twice this season.
my first season watching Rovers they got promoted. '86 I think. That's the only time I ever remember them being above us. After that they have been completely in our shadows in evey way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2015 12:09 by 2 the moon.

Posted by: Blue&white2015 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2015 16:54

What about Gary Bennett?

Posted by: Shaumbra (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2015 19:48

confused smiley

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net