FA Trophy Quiz
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2016 16:50

No cheating guys..

1. in which year did the FA Trophy start? a)1968 b)1969 c)1970

2. who were the very first winners?

3. which 3 Welsh clubs have reached an FA Trophy final?

4. the record for the most amount of trophy final wins is 3 and that is shared by 3 clubs. which 3?

5. which current championship clubs ground was used to stage the final between 2001 and 2005?

6. the record attendance for a trophy final was in 2007 when stevenage played Kidderminster.
what was the attendance? a) 33,262 b) 43,262 c) 53,262

Re: FA Trophy Quiz
Date: 08 December, 2016 16:54

I got all this info from the computer, lol.. remember, no cheating.

question 4 , some help,, I will give you the first letter of each of those 3 teams

a.) S
b.) T
c.) W

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2016 17:09 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2016 19:10

Sexually transmitted welshman?

4 is villa park

Wrexham ( got beat in the final by the national farmers union)
Bangor i guess
And llangogogogogogogogogogogogogogogocharafleeksoup?

Im rubbish at this.
Stevenage, woking and tinpot town for number4.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2016 19:33

Quote:
the kav
Sexually transmitted welshman?
4 is villa park

Wrexham ( got beat in the final by the national farmers union)
Bangor i guess
And llangogogogogogogogogogogogogogogocharafleeksoup?

Im rubbish at this.
Stevenage, woking and tinpot town for number4.

Wrexham,Bangor Newport?

I'd guess Telford for the tinpot town

Aston Villa

Haven't a clue on the rest.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2016 20:23

Newport of course

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 December, 2016 22:56

An amazing coincidence HKR,I went to a quiz night last month and in the sports round one of the questions was your question 2. Most the people there had not even heard of the FA Trophy and not one person got it right, I guessed at Hereford Utd but like everyone else failed miserably! The correct answer is Macclesfield.

Date: 09 December, 2016 04:12

Quote:
sparky100
An amazing coincidence HKR,I went to a quiz night last month and in the sports round one of the questions was your question 2. Most the people there had not even heard of the FA Trophy and not one person got it right, I guessed at Hereford Utd but like everyone else failed miserably! The correct answer is Macclesfield.

Nice one sparky.. yes, it is macc.

Date: 09 December, 2016 09:19

reminds me of a great football quiz we used to have in HK about 20 years ago now. it was just a pure footy quiz and a really good one at that. none of this , which team plays at anfield? who are nicknamed the gunners? it was a great quiz and quite challenging but real fun. it took place on the first Monday of each month in a pub called 'mad dogs' in the 'central' district of hk. the quiz was set, organized and run by a Glaswegian lad that went by the name of 'moses' [ never knew if that was his real name ]. he was a big rangers fan. about 30 of us would attend the quiz each month. all british guys from different parts of the uk, and different ages but all of us were footy daft. there would usually be about 8 different teams with about 3 or 4 to each team, but never allowed more than 4 to a team. each team would have their own team name and usually stuck to that name each month. my team was called 'we are BATS' we just used the first letter of the teams that we supported. my team included a Bristol city fan, Arsenal fan, Tranmere fan, Sheff utd fan. the quiz started at 8pm and went on for a good couple of hours. we all used to have a fair few pints and moses never had to put his hand in his pockets, we all used to get his drinks in for him. not that the tight Scottish g*t would have put his hands in his pockets anyway, lol. most of us that participated in the quiz were generally quite knowledgeable about footy and the majority of the quiz was mainly british footy but with a few European and world questions. I thought I knew my stuff, but there was a lad from Bolton, Bolton fan, grrrrrr ! [ he was a decent lad really ] that was sh*t hot and he put me and the rest of us in the shade. he really knew his footy and quite often his team would win the quiz. it ran for for about 12 to 18 months and just came to an end when moses returned to the uk and his native Glasgow. he did the quiz really well with question rounds, picture rounds , video rounds etc and not just the top league stuff but lower league stuff n questions about all sorts,, players, grounds ,managers, competitions, transfers etc etc.
tranmere came up in a couple of questions that moses had set and I remember one question he had set about tranmeres famous 13-4 vs Oldham, the question being which English league game has produced the most amount of goals. u had to give the two teams and scoreline as the answer. when he delivered the question , I thought to myself and said to my team, YES, nobody will get this, and I saw that the other tables didn't have a clue, then I looked over at the Bolton fan on one of the other tables looking over in my direction. he had a wink in his eye and a smile on his face, the ba*tard knew the answer, lol. he knew I followed tranmere, lol. anyway , we all loved it and it was always something to look forward to. when the quiz had finished at the end of the evening quite a few of us would carry on and hit another pub and have a bit of a night out. the first Tuesday of the month was quite often hangover day and sometimes work sickie day, lol. moses used to stagger home, lol. this was over 20 years ago now and one of the teams in the quiz contained this cockney bloke called eric [ big spurs fan ] and his teams name was 'eric and the kung-fu kickers' this was about the same time as the famous eric cantona incident at selhurst park. they were good nights with the alcohol flowing. sadly the pub and quiz are no more.

Date: 13 December, 2016 06:16

quiz answers ( for those that are interested )..

1. 1969

2. macclesfield town

3.wrexham, Newport, bangor city

4. scarborough, telford utd, woking

5. villa park ( upton park staged the final in 2006 )

6. 53,262 ( quite remarkable for a non-league final but this final in 2007 was one of the first games to be played at the new wembley. maybe complimentary or cheap tickets were on offer. I do suspect that a large portion of the crowd that day were there to see the new wembley and not so much the stevenage v kiddy game,lol )

Posted by: HalfManHalfBiscan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2016 09:46

Quote:
hong kong rover
reminds me of a great football quiz we used to have in HK about 20 years ago now. it was just a pure footy quiz and a really good one at that. none of this , which team plays at anfield? who are nicknamed the gunners? it was a great quiz and quite challenging but real fun. it took place on the first Monday of each month in a pub called 'mad dogs' in the 'central' district of hk. the quiz was set, organized and run by a Glaswegian lad that went by the name of 'moses' [ never knew if that was his real name ]. he was a big rangers fan. about 30 of us would attend the quiz each month. all british guys from different parts of the uk, and different ages but all of us were footy daft. there would usually be about 8 different teams with about 3 or 4 to each team, but never allowed more than 4 to a team. each team would have their own team name and usually stuck to that name each month. my team was called 'we are BATS' we just used the first letter of the teams that we supported. my team included a Bristol city fan, Arsenal fan, Tranmere fan, Sheff utd fan. the quiz started at 8pm and went on for a good couple of hours. we all used to have a fair few pints and moses never had to put his hand in his pockets, we all used to get his drinks in for him. not that the tight Scottish g*t would have put his hands in his pockets anyway, lol. most of us that participated in the quiz were generally quite knowledgeable about footy and the majority of the quiz was mainly british footy but with a few European and world questions. I thought I knew my stuff, but there was a lad from Bolton, Bolton fan, grrrrrr ! [ he was a decent lad really ] that was sh*t hot and he put me and the rest of us in the shade. he really knew his footy and quite often his team would win the quiz. it ran for for about 12 to 18 months and just came to an end when moses returned to the uk and his native Glasgow. he did the quiz really well with question rounds, picture rounds , video rounds etc and not just the top league stuff but lower league stuff n questions about all sorts,, players, grounds ,managers, competitions, transfers etc etc.
tranmere came up in a couple of questions that moses had set and I remember one question he had set about tranmeres famous 13-4 vs Oldham, the question being which English league game has produced the most amount of goals. u had to give the two teams and scoreline as the answer. when he delivered the question , I thought to myself and said to my team, YES, nobody will get this, and I saw that the other tables didn't have a clue, then I looked over at the Bolton fan on one of the other tables looking over in my direction. he had a wink in his eye and a smile on his face, the ba*tard knew the answer, lol. he knew I followed tranmere, lol. anyway , we all loved it and it was always something to look forward to. when the quiz had finished at the end of the evening quite a few of us would carry on and hit another pub and have a bit of a night out. the first Tuesday of the month was quite often hangover day and sometimes work sickie day, lol. moses used to stagger home, lol. this was over 20 years ago now and one of the teams in the quiz contained this cockney bloke called eric [ big spurs fan ] and his teams name was 'eric and the kung-fu kickers' this was about the same time as the famous eric cantona incident at selhurst park. they were good nights with the alcohol flowing. sadly the pub and quiz are no more.

Good story, HKR...I could sense the misty-eyed nostalgia between the lines!

I left my heart in Papworth General

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2016 18:38

Sounds like a good nite out .by the way how much is a pint in your local ?

Date: 14 December, 2016 04:21

Quote:
Loyden1
Sounds like a good nite out .by the way how much is a pint in your local ?

The cheapest pint you will get in a pub or bar in hk is about HK $ 40 which is not far off £4.. expensive here..the robbing barstewards. Lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net