FA Trophy and FA Vase finals
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2017 23:00

both being played at wembley on the same day..

Tranmere, Lincoln, York and Macc or Dulwich Hamlet in the hat for the trophy semis draw on Monday..

FA Vase semis..

South Shields v Coleshill Town

Cleethorpes Town v Bromsgrove Sporting

apparently the favourites are South Shields and in their vase quarter final win, south shields got an attendance of 3,161. not bad at all.. could be loads of geordies at wembley on trophy n vase final day, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2017 23:17 by hong kong rover.

Re: FA Trophy and FA Vase finals
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2017 23:32

Heck of an attendance for that team, considering the highest ranking teams in the Vase competition are are NW counties top level, if I recall correctly, as when you step up to Northern Premier League North and South levels you're in the trophy competition.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 13:43

for what its worth the Vase Final will be South Shields v Cleethorpes Town.. could be a few Geordies down at Wembley on 21st May. former middlesbrough and sunderland midfielder, julio arca, is in the south shields side. south shields can certainly be grateful for a floodlight failure in an earlier round of the competition. they were losing 2-4 with only 9 mins remaining vs morpeth ( last seasons vase winners ) when the lights went out. the match was abandoned and shields won the rescheduled fixture 4-0. if I were a morpeth follower, then I would have been utterly p*ssed off about that. shades of rovers v Peterborough in the mid 80s floodlight failure game and rescheduled match,with the peterboro following being miffed that night, lol..i wonder if a few Grimsby fans will go along to cheer for cleethorpes in the vase final? would have been interesting if Lincoln had made it to the trophy final considering the vase and trophy finals will be played on the same day and the fact that Grimsby v Lincoln games are fiercely contested and often boil over both on and off the pitch.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 14:08 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 14:36

I wonder how many SWA will be going having purchased the 'early bird' offer?

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 14:37

Quote:
sparky100
I wonder how many SWA will be going having purchased the 'early bird' offer?

Lucky peopleconfused smiley

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 15:26

Imagine if it was south shields v cleethorpes and gateshead v grimsby a total of 12 miles between shields and gateshead and thorpes and grimsby, i know itw impossible but what a day that would be

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net