Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Match Discussion: Forest Green (H)
Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 06:00

All depends which Forest Green turn up. A very capable side but never seem to put the same team out twice.
I don't think they are as strong as when we played them at their place, reports of fall outs between the manager and players has meant some of the 'fringe' players have been given the opportunity, Jake Cassidy's sending off for Guiseley on Saturday certainly helped them maintain their lead, and they were less than convincing against Lincoln.
I think they have resigned themselves to the play offs and finishing 3rd so may well be looking for a point at our place but after Saturday's result I am confident that we will score so it all depends on keeping a clean sheet.
I'd be very happy with a 1-0.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 08:23

It also depends how we approach the game.At their place we played the first half as though a point would do and showed too much respect.The second half we took the game to them and their defence looked poor. With the same attitude in both halves we would have come away with all three points.
As for the now long standing rumours of something being amiss behind the scenes,there is no evidence for that given the number of times FGR have come up with late winners

Posted by: EBAWB (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 08:26

We need to keep the momentum going and get after them and not sit back if we take the lead. A draw is probably not going to be good enough to go up automatically. C'mon ROVERS!

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 09:29

I'll go for a 2-0 win for us and away win for Chester of 1-0 tonight and hopefully that will be the score's.thumbs down. You never know these things do happen in football the next best thing would be us winning by bigger goal difference than Lincoln tonight hopefully by three goal's every little step counts.

Posted by: HalfManHalfBiscan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 10:42

Their forum have us as favourites...

[forum.fgrfc.net]

I'm buzzing with positivity....Can't wait for tonight...

3-1 to SWA

I left my heart in Papworth General

Posted by: Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 11:50

Doige and Noble to watch out for in particular.
Need to win

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 12:40

I will maintain a 3 0 prediction as last time I predicted that we won 9 0

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 15:29

I am more concerned about Chester. Their form is so poor that the goal difference advantage Lincoln have could increase even if Tranmere win.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 19:43

Same line-up as Saturday apart from Wallace in for Mekki on the bench.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 20:41

Wallace standing off far too much, hasn't got the drive of Harris

Posted by: Import (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 20:44

Nervy?

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 21:14

Of what?

Posted by: Stewsydney (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 21:44

Big crowd comes back & we lose , very hard mow to come 1st hopefully can be positive going into the lottery of the play offs

Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 21:47

How can we score 9 on saturday and @#$%& all tonight

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 21:48

So disappointing as it really looked on.But more disappointing is the loss of Harris.For me our season turned in the right direction when he regained a place in the side and the way we have been playing there was very reason to be optimistic even if it had to be through the play offs.
I very much doubt that a midfield of Wallace and Hughes can replicate the recent movement we have seen.

If it means a return to a less creative midfield then Cook has to start as the player most likely to get something from nothing.

If Maynard was fit than he could make a better replacement for Harris

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:08

Once Harris went off and Wallace came on we where doomed and was punished for missed chances .its the playoffs now .why do we lose our best players when we are doing well and need them. just on 7000 there tonight .what a let down

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:14

Wallace is Dog She*t!

If Harris is still out Friday, I'd prefer to play with wingers.

Sousa and Jennings out wide and I seriously think that Norwood should be benched.

How can Norwood start ahead of Cook? Seriously? How many times has he missed sitters this season?

Cook gets a sniff and it usually ends up in the net.

Wallace is an over paid luxury imo, he doesnt do enough and now that Maynard is fit, it's a no brainier.

Posted by: CookieMonster9 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:15

We were effectively down to 10 men when Wallace come on. He doesn't have the legs anymore and I'd happily have Steve Jenno or Maynard ahead of him.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:18

Only ourselves to blame, we created enough to have been comfortably in front before they scored.

Jay Harris was fouled after he had played the ball and the FGR players full weight came down on it looked like his knee. Just hope it isn't ligament damage.

FGR game plan as last season was to spoil berate the referee at every opportunity and how Bennett stayed on the pitch after the tackle on Wallace is beyond me.

IMO,a decent enough performance but, our failure to score from good chances proved costly.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:37

After the Lord Mayor's Show......No to be fair it wasn't a bad performance more frustrating.Losing Harris was a major factor because Wallace just can't do the job.Also felt Cook should have come on earlier. Their centre backs and keeper won it for them. Roll on Friday..let's get this one out of the system.

Current Page: 2 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net