Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Match Discussion: Forest Green (H)
Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:38

Harris was the difference for me, no energy in midfield when he went off. Wallace needs to up his workrate or get a taxi home. Cook should not of come on, we only go hoof ball then, should of been Collins for Stockton as his touch was off tonight and Souza for Jennings at half time. Oh well, cant say never yet, but looks like another nervy Playoffs for the Whites! a win in the Wembley sun would be unreal though.

Posted by: beb end regular (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:40

Harris - suspected ACL, scan in the morning, but out for the season it appears.
Wallace, far too immobile - Maynard was available - had a full work out with Mekki before the game, big selection error.
Might have been better to switch to 4312 with Vaughan or Buxton replacing Harris when injured, and sousa brought on to play out wide

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:44

This in reality is big pressure, as mentioned on the Lincoln forum we don't do well against the top sides.... Unfortunately that's who the playoffs are generally made up of. We need to get a result against Aldershot to build confidence.

My heart sunk when i saw Wallace coming on, it takes us back to the negative defending and slow midfield play, personally would have brought Cook on then and drop Jennings into the creative midfield.

Onwards and upwards and Lincoln haven't won it yet.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

FGR local press calling it a "smash and grab" quite honest and accurate reporting for a change.

Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)

We lost our shape in midfield when Harris went off. Can someone please tell me why we pay Wallace a wage. He has no pace, wont tackle and cant pass a ball. We are going to have problems in mid field if Harris is going to be out for a while.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 22:56

Wallace could play a blinder score and would still be C*** according to the forum.

IMO after replacing Jay H he had a decent enough game but, he is not an all action player like Jay, this is going to be a big miss if out for the season.

Posted by: beb end regular (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:03

He could............but not many believe he will.
other problem was that Jeff Hughes - who might have been expected to be the more combative player in midfield following the reshuffle, was already on a booking, limiting his effectiveness.
Lack of midfield possession limited wing backs, and reduced our effectiveness

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:04

Thought we were excellent 1st half and just needed that goal to top it off. They slowly game into the game 2nd half and finished the better side to be fair. Yes gutted as even though there's a way to go you can't see Lincoln letting it slip now.
Not going to play the blame game as it's what we've been doing for years and has got us nowhere.
We've took just 2 point's in 7 games against the other teams in the top 5 and it's going to cost us the Championship but the play off gives us a chance to make amends. We go again.

Posted by: Team Spirit (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:08

Typical Tranmere

Just when you think things may be going our way, another kick in the teeth.

As an FGR has said on their forum, if they played us ten times we'd win nine but tonight when it counts we manage to waste countless chances and then get mugged.

Lincoln beat them 3-1 and got nowhere near the level we played at tonight, yet we come away empty handed.

Unless Lincoln manage a Devon Loch its the play offs for us and our record against the top teams is hardly inspiring.

Thoroughly cheesed off.

Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:11

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Wallace could play a blinder score and would still be C*** according to the forum.
IMO after replacing Jay H he had a decent enough game but, he is not an all action player like Jay, this is going to be a big miss if out for the season.
I respect your opinion but what exactly did Wallace do when he came on. Their players ran past him like he was'nt there. Too play in midfield you have to tackle and have pace. Wallace wont tackle and has no pace.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:15

I think it was Jennings that had two golden chances to but his foot through the ball and score twice but his attempts both time's we're powder puff.

But overall we outplayed them but they did their job frustrated us , break up play play to the Ref roll over as if they've been shot.

I just hope we miss them in the semi's and if we have to meet them let it be in the final with a real Referee and not like tonight's clown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 14:01 by BELMONT.

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:19

Had it been Saturday at least 2 of those scrambles and blocked attempts in their box would have gone in.

Vaughan and Ridehalgh had a tougher time getting a run down the flanks as the build-up play was ponderous and then we reverted to long-ball tactics. tbf early in the second half we got a bit of joy from the hoofball but it petered out.

Not going to slag anyone off but Hughes seems ponderous enough at times without putting a similar player on to replace Harris when someone busier was needed.

I honestly think that Sousa may have fitted the bill although haven't seen enough of him (10 minutes or so in total) to know what he is like defensively.

It stopped happening for Stockton after about 60 minutes and thought Cook could have come on then to maintain the momentum because we were still playing decent stuff at that point.

As for FGR... the dirty bunch of fecking rag-4rsed b4stards.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:35

Quote:
Yiggsy
Had it been Saturday at least 2 of those scrambles and blocked attempts in their box would have gone in.
Vaughan and Ridehalgh had a tougher time getting a run down the flanks as the build-up play was ponderous and then we reverted to long-ball tactics. tbf early in the second half we got a bit of joy from the hoofball but it petered out.

Not going to slag anyone off but Hughes seems ponderous enough at times without putting a similar player on to replace Harris when someone busier was needed.

I honestly think that Sousa may have fitted the bill although haven't seen enough of him (10 minutes or so in total) to know what he is like defensively.

It stopped happening for Stockton after about 60 minutes and thought Cook could have come on then to maintain the momentum because we were still playing decent stuff at that point.

As for FGR... the dirty bunch of fecking rag-4rsed b4stards.

Well summed up description of FGR they we're the same last season.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:35

Not brilliant and frankly, it's not over for top spot, but that result has seriously hurt Tranmere's chances of getting top.

I'm not impressed, but you have to wonder if maybe there's a hangover from the 9-0 result and how quickly the players could get back down to earth in their own minds.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:38

Quote:
Matt34
Not brilliant and frankly, it's not over for top spot, but that result has seriously hurt Tranmere's chances of getting top.
I'm not impressed, but you have to wonder if maybe there's a hangover from the 9-0 result and how quickly the players could get back down to earth in their own minds.

We smashed them for the first part of the game until Harris went off. No hangover, just didn't go in the net, was a matter of time before it did before the game changer.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:43

Not to make excuses oh ok then every time we get a good football way of playing the crucial player gets injured. Thinking Tollit and Harris. Tollit was injured in open play but i do think Jay was targeted tonight. How was Jeff's full with yellow yet the foul on Jay was not even a free kick. I believe Refs think an early yellow stamps their authority on the game. That worked well with handbags halfway through the first half. Could have been so different if Cookie had converted a golden opportunity of one of Bucko's free kicked had been six inches lower. Lincoln still haven't slipped up fair play to them. On tonight's evidence we can beat FGR in the play offs.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:48

We were excellent for the first hour but there was no way that we were going to be able to keep up that level for the whole game. The Harris injury was obviously a big blow but to blame Wallace as some have on here is way wide of the mark. We basically ran out of steam towards the end and their pacy sub number 14 caught out our tiring defenders on a few occasions. The best chances we missed were by Connor Jennings yet some wrongly persist on blaming Norwood again. Their second half subs changed the game whereas ours didn't. We were going all out for the win so there was always a chance that they would nick one on the counter attack.Based on the first hour,it was daylight robbery-the last half hour not entirely surprising.
Buxton's two free kicks were desperately unfortunate not to go in,one smacking against the crossbar,the other brilliant saved by their keeper who had a fine game.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:50

Quote:
pez
Wallace is Dog She*t!
If Harris is still out Friday, I'd prefer to play with wingers.

Sousa and Jennings out wide and I seriously think that Norwood should be benched.

How can Norwood start ahead of Cook? Seriously? How many times has he missed sitters this season?

Cook gets a sniff and it usually ends up in the net.

Wallace is an over paid luxury imo, he doesnt do enough and now that Maynard is fit, it's a no brainier.

Cook didn't get a sniff. I seriously disagree with all of your post

Posted by: SmartRover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2017 23:53

Shame we couldn't convert some of those chances tonight, especially in the first half when 2-0 would have been a fair reflection on play, still amazed that full back stayed on the pitch after that horror tackle. Norwood as ever flatters to deceive and I just think he's not done enough this season to keep his place. FGR as widely accepted are a horrible bunch who can at times play decent football and credit to Davies for those two top notch saves in the second half before the lucky winner. Did think our midfield tired midway through that second half and MM was just a bit too slow tonight in changing it with subs. Great crowd, awful queues which goes with the big crowd, looks like I will be using my early bird tickets for Wembley to support the SWA.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2017 00:12

It was always a big ask to win 11 on the bounce but the players need to go again as it's a big ask for Lincoln to win 9 on the bounce they will drop points.

Current Page: 3 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net