Jake Kirby June 18
Jack Dunn June 18
Elliot Rokka June 18

Forwards
Andy Cook June 18
James Norwood June 19
Andy Mangan June 18
George Waring June 19
James Alabi June 19 (season long loan to Dover)

Let me know if I've missed anyone off, I'll keep it updated as and when....

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 07:48 by mini_andy.

Re: Tranmere Rovers Squad
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2017 21:38

Pilling?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2017 21:55

Quote:
Matt34
Pilling?

Out of contract as far as I am aware but has been offered one

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2017 22:18

Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Matt34
Pilling?

Out of contract as far as I am aware but has been offered one

That ^^

And unfortunately doing very well for wales U20's

Posted by: Bebington Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2017 23:20

What about Steve Jennings? There was no mention of him in the press release from the club recently when listing players released/retained etc. My next door neighbour sponsored his kit this year and he doesn't know either.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Thanks.

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2017 13:15

My concern, as with last season, is that our recruitment seems to be without too much forethought. Assemble a bunch of players and then figure out how to make team out of them. Dunn and Norburn hint at wide men and 442, but where do Rides, Norwood and Connor fit into that? I'd prefer to see an overall vision coming together with the signings. Maybe Micky has one, but I just can't see it at the moment.

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2017 14:38

Before Tollitt and Dunn were injured the preferred formation was 4-4-2.
Then we went to 3-5-2.
Before 4-3-3 against Aldershot.
It seems to me that we have a versatile squad who could play any of the above.

Date: 02 June, 2017 14:46

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
My concern, as with last season, is that our recruitment seems to be without too much forethought. Assemble a bunch of players and then figure out how to make team out of them. Dunn and Norburn hint at wide men and 442, but where do Rides, Norwood and Connor fit into that? I'd prefer to see an overall vision coming together with the signings. Maybe Micky has one, but I just can't see it at the moment.

Out of those, who did Micky bring in......

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2017 17:30

Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost

just Mangan I think

Date: 02 June, 2017 17:46

Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost

just Mangan I think

And him ;0) the point is Micky couldn't change things overnight and when he tried to go wide, his two main wide men were crocked. The other thing is that other players mentioned have been tied to contracts leaving Micky with no option but to fit them in somehow, as paying them off is not practical.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2017 19:35

Very midfield heavy could do with offloading a few and recruiting a couple of forwards

Date: 04 June, 2017 12:01

Quote:
Higgosboots
Very midfield heavy could do with offloading a few and recruiting a couple of forwards

They are all under contract until next June or the following June. How do you propose we get rid of any? Throw away a year's salary in compensation?

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2017 16:47

The only realistic way is to make these players available should anyone enquire, as long as the player agrees to waiver any claim for compensation?

Or we could just ship them out on loan and recover some or all of their wages from the other clubs?

The players involved should really be pushing themselves to get into the match day squad.

Dawson, Stephenson and Almond could become decent with the right attitude and effort.

We've only seen glimpses of these 3 and if fit, they should be chomping at the bit in the pre season to win a place in Micky's plans.

We need a right sided midfielder/winger with pace, to compliment Tollitt on the left. Maybe one of these 3:could be that player?

Mangan showed pace when he was brought on in the last couple of games, maybe he will be used in that role more in the next season?

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2017 08:59

So with 22 signed and Drysdale,Pilling and Vaughn still on the fence and Steve Jenno?? This could mean 26 players but is there any more in the budget for any other players

Date: 10 June, 2017 00:01

There should be as Mekki, Turner, Omatola and Stockton have left and only Dunn and Norburn have signed so far.

Posted by: PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2017 08:11

And ihiekwe and Maynard gone too
We may already have been paying some of Dunn's wages
I'm hopeful we may be able to offload some more yet too, if only on loan

Date: 10 June, 2017 23:41

I would think it likely there would have been some wage paying involved, unless Liverpool told Tranmere they could have one or two lads on loan for nothing, if they agreed to a cut price charge to use Prenton Park for U23 games.

Paying let's say £300 a week for a kid, if the deal was done month to month for 9 months would be roughly £11,000.

Knocking that off your bill for the U23 matches could be a shrewd move, or even just negotiating it in percentage terms like say 10% reduction, whether the payments happen per match, or in one lump sum to cover an entire season depending on how it's financed.

As for signing Dunn, one or two more Liverpool youth might be a way to boost match averages, as more Liverpool fans might come or come more often to see how their ex-players get on.

These two might be worth consideration, as they have both been released.

Toni Gomes

Scored a hat-trick against a Mansfield team apparently

Adam Phillips

Whether either would consider Tranmere is a different matter though, but if Tranmere had a midfielder with even the passing capability of Gerrard and a touch of pace, even if he offered nothing else and barely scored a goal, the number of assists alone could make him valuable.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2017 09:28

Turner's still here.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2017 10:58

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Turner's still here.

The official site said he was released?

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2017 13:14

Almond was always an odd signing anyone who was not an automatic starter for a dreadful Southport side is unlikely to be of value for a team aiming at automatic promotion.Look at Dawson's career and he seems to have issues about commitment.Compound that with injuries and it is easy to see why Eastleigh quickly let him go.Both are candidates for loan or available for transfer.
Pilling may sign quickly once back from international duty but I do hope that we have have put a clear limit on decisions so that MM still has a full range of options from the available players pool

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net