Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Tranmere Rovers Squad
Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 08:12

Quote:
Davey Jones
I have been following The Rovers for 40+ years, and I have to say this is the worst performing side I have ever seen at Prenton Park. MM keeps coming out with the same @#$%& every week, working hard, show some belief, keep on going, blah blah blah and then we play the same @#$%& every week. For years we complained that the football was good but the people in charge let us down, this has now completely reversed. We have a chairman that is trying to make us self sufficient but players who are quite honestly a joke.
I have got to the point now were I refuse to pay money to see this@#$%&when I can go to the park and watch it for free.
Palios should cut his losses and sell the ground for
houses, and leave us with some good memories before they are gone in a wave of pure mediocrity and then these so called players can go and hide somewhere else, because they have been hiding all season.

I agree with you that we are playing poorly and not scoring. But closing the club down and building houses is a little bit of an over reaction to a poor a start to a season IMO.

Posted by: Davey Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 08:54

It is a bit of an over reaction I agree, but its not just this season it has been 7 or 8 seasons, if not more. Filling the club with under achievers off and on the pitch. Supporters turning up week after week paying hard earned money to be told this is the @#$%& your money goes to and these players want whats best for us. Then the manager telling us they are working hard all week. ON WHAT? They play the same way every game, even with a personnel change yesterday.
I pay to see my team have a go, if we lose so be it, but when we don't even turn up game after game and are told we know the problems and we are working on it, then do the same @#$%& the next game.
They are getting nothing more out of me.

Date: 24 September, 2017 09:10

Quote:
Davey Jones
It is a bit of an over reaction I agree, but its not just this season it has been 7 or 8 seasons, if not more. Filling the club with under achievers off and on the pitch. Supporters turning up week after week paying hard earned money to be told this is the @#$%& your money goes to and these players want whats best for us. Then the manager telling us they are working hard all week. ON WHAT? They play the same way every game, even with a personnel change yesterday.
I pay to see my team have a go, if we lose so be it, but when we don't even turn up game after game and are told we know the
problems and we are working on it, then do the same @#$%& the next game.
They are getting nothing more out of me.

That's completely your choice of course. But I feel we are in a different place than 7 years ago, were we were in terminal decline with the club up for sale. We have new owners, new facilities, new training facility. We operate on a tight budget, we can can't just go out and buy league 1 players. And so injuries hurt the squad badly. It will definitely get worse if people stop supporting the club by turning up. Feel it's best to take the rough with the smooth, weve had good times, great times and awful times. I love my local club, and like something I love I'll always stick by them and support them. We have to much going for us to just give up. SWA.

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 12:52

I did not attend yesterday's farce as I have with a very heavy heart decided that I can not and will not pay to travel up from down South to see this bunch of misfiring misfits anymore. On average it costs me approx £100.00 per game which includes train fares, match day ticket and something to eat and drink! Instead I went to watch Hampton and Richmond Borough managed by Alan Dowson and Ian Dyer. The football played put our lot to shame and perhaps this is where we should be looking for a manageable change, the lower leagues. Fast attacking football, players who can actually cross the ball and take a throw in. All basic stuff initiated from the management. I have travelled back and forth for well over 40 years but my time is up even if we do manage to improve, which I can not currently see happening in the immediate future. Lastly, I can't get my head around those that say we have the best footballers in this league. Must be watching a different game to me each week as hey are all well down the pecking order. Good luck SWA.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 23 December, 2017 20:59

Just to have a positive last message, how things can change....

Anyway, does anyone know if the Banks loan is subject to the 3 month rule, such that we can only extend one more time this season?

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2017 02:40

Interestingly neither Alabi or Waring made the starting line ups yesterday so the chances of them being shipped out for good must be reducing which is not good news for the playing budget for second half of the season. Does anyone know when their loans expire? Is it end of January?

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 23:11

Quote:
ADD
Interestingly neither Alabi or Waring made the starting line ups yesterday so the chances of them being shipped out for good must be reducing which is not good news for the playing budget for second half of the season. Does anyone know when their loans expire? Is it end of January?

The thing is in this pub league we're in there's no transfer window in it,well at least between ourselves not sure if we can sign player's from those big club's in the Football League outside the window. It's just a pity we can't be part of the big professional league that's above our level.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 00:32

Pub league? I hope that's a tongue in cheek comment otherwise it's grossly unfair.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 07:55

Yeah Belmont, be told; social club would be more apt! (Sm100)

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 19:47

We would get Diddly Squad from an upper league club ;0)

Date: 18 May, 2018 08:37

Quite funny reading some old post in this thread after what we have just achieved 😂

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2018 10:32

Quote:
TranmereFan
Quite funny reading some old post in this thread after what we have just achieved 😂
ha ha just had a look plenty of dissent and no faith.and quite a few who stopped posting

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2018 12:25

Delete if inappropriate...

Wasn't Gumbs offered a years extension just before he crocked his leg?

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2018 00:50

Maybe one day Gumbs will train to be a dentist. might be a career he could get his teeth into.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Itsalldownhillfromhere (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2018 10:21

Alabi to train as a Solicitor? Hes always got an excuse!

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2018 19:28

OP can scrub out Clarke as well now but I've heard fiftyearsarover has been signed up on a 2 year contract, pay as you play; so long as his new knee settles in!

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2018 06:43

Quote:
Yiggsy
OP can scrub out Clarke as well now but I've heard fiftyearsarover has been signed up on a 2 year contract, pay as you play; so long as his new knee settles in!
Who will get most game time do you reckon? 50 Years or Wallace?

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2018 10:44

Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Yiggsy
Who will get most game time do you reckon? 50 Years or Wallace?
50 no probs!

Posted by: prentonpete1 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2018 19:33

Pilling supposed to be staying.
Wallace invited for training pre season.

Posted by: prentonpete1 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2018 19:33

Pilling supposed to be staying.
Wallace invited for training pre season.

Current Page: 3 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net