Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Tranmere Rovers Squad
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 00:02

"A clear limit on decisions"? What do you mean? For example don't sign over 35's? Don't sign more than 1 released Liverpool or Everton kid, Don't loan out Pilling or Gumbs?

I'm not entirely sure to what extent or what context your comment relates. Maybe it's just me not seeing what's directly in front of me, but feel free to indulge me if you wish smiling smiley.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 05:22

If Turner is still here then Pilling may not be?

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 06:47

He was definitely released, he might have re-signed I guess with pilling stalling on the offer:

"Adam Mekki, Iain Turner, Erico Sousa, Tolani Omotola, Sam Ilesanmi and Daren Askew have been released and are able to sign for new clubs."

What always struck me with Turner, was the shear lack of games he played. In a 15 year career, he played around 120 matches, for 15 clubs I think. Is he the ultimate journeyman?

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 09:10

Quote:
mini_andy
He was definitely released, he might have re-signed I guess with pilling stalling on the offer:
"Adam Mekki, Iain Turner, Erico Sousa, Tolani Omotola, Sam Ilesanmi and Daren Askew have been released and are able to sign for new clubs."

What always struck me with Turner, was the shear lack of games he played. In a 15 year career, he played around 120 matches, for 15 clubs I think. Is he the ultimate journeyman?

I thought I'd read something else elsewhere.Obviously I hadn't. Thanks

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 19:12

Quote:
Matt34
"A clear limit on decisions"? What do you mean? For example don't sign over 35's? Don't sign more than 1 released Liverpool or Everton kid, Don't loan out Pilling or Gumbs?
I'm not entirely sure to what extent or what context your comment relates. Maybe it's just me not seeing what's directly in front of me, but feel free to indulge me if you wish smiling smiley.
I mean set a deadline by which an offer must be accepted so that planning for next season is not blocked by agents trying to play clubs off.A take it or leave approach

Date: 12 June, 2017 20:53

Fair enough smiling smiley.

Posted by: Dave28 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2017 19:42

Please get your facts right before you post anything again almond was out with a hamstring injury

Date: 01 July, 2017 22:23

I'm not sure who you're referring to, as I never made references to anyone having any injuries on this discussion.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2017 23:25

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
mini_andy

Kevin Hitchkock, Chelsea reserve keeper in the 80's was on a contract for something like 10 years with less then 10 first team appearances. Turner always looked to motivate our keeper at half time I thought.

Date: 02 July, 2017 23:50

Quote:
kennyspint
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
mini_andy

Kevin Hitchkock, Chelsea reserve keeper in the 80's was on a contract for something like 10 years with less then 10 first team appearances. Turner always looked to motivate our keeper at half time I thought.

+1

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 20:40

Wasn't he goalkeeping coach as well as registered Player?

Date: 13 July, 2017 22:53

Yes, Turner was registered to play, same as Simon Miotto who used to be a pole vaulter that was at Tranmere a few years ago. He was a coach and registered player.

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 09:23

So was he released from both positions or just is playing career finished and he is still with us as a coach?
If I remember wasn't his coaching stated as a reason for staying by Scotty?

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 11:26

Nixon is the coach now

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 13:08

Quote:
AndyMase
So was he released from both positions or just is playing career finished and he is still with us as a coach?
If I remember wasn't his coaching stated as a reason for staying by Scotty?

Turner signed (as a player) for Southport last week.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 August, 2017 16:58

Stockton come back please!

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 31 August, 2017 17:38

See that one time target Davis has today joined Coventry.Cannot help feeling that he would have been a far better signing than McEverley, but can only assume that he would not step down to this level

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2017 23:59

This point has been made on other threads.

Surely some of the youngsters who played at Maidstone were worth contracts and certainly would have brought enthusiasm pace and commitment to the team, attributes sadly lacking in a number of players at the moment.

Date: 03 September, 2017 00:08

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
This point has been made on other threads.
Surely some of the youngsters who played at Maidstone were worth contracts and certainly would have brought enthusiasm pace and commitment to the team, attributes sadly lacking in a number of players at the moment.

Gumbs should be given his chance now-I would have kept Lucy too

Posted by: Davey Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 07:54

I have been following The Rovers for 40+ years, and I have to say this is the worst performing side I have ever seen at Prenton Park. MM keeps coming out with the same @#$%& every week, working hard, show some belief, keep on going, blah blah blah and then we play the same @#$%& every week. For years we complained that the football was good but the people in charge let us down, this has now completely reversed. We have a chairman that is trying to make us self sufficient but players who are quite honestly a joke.
I have got to the point now were I refuse to pay money to see this@#$%&when I can go to the park and watch it for free.
Palios should cut his losses and sell the ground for houses, and leave us with some good memories before they are gone in a wave of pure mediocrity and then these so called players can go and hide somewhere else, because they have been hiding all season.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net